Car Inspection... Whoohoo! Not

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Mari North, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

True, I'm anal about checking tire pressure because I don't want to drive and get a flat, sad thing is I don't know how to put air in my tires and pretty soon they will need it, it's getting low. About 30 now. So I'm due for an oil change and tire rotation and I always ask them to put air in my tires then too.

I have gone to this place once and asked if they'd put air in and I'd pay but the guy did it for free....I gave him a $5 tip.

2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Speaking of cars, we have 2 of different brands. Our Ford Escape is required to go for the quarterly maintenance while our Mitsubishi Mirage is required for maintenance every 5,000 kilometers of use. And since we have 2 cars being used alternately, that 5,000 kilometers can be up to 6 months or more. Obviously, the maintenance of our Ford is exorbitant compared to the Mitsubishi. I asked about it and the Ford staff said that we will be losing the warranty if we do not have it serviced every 3 months. Say when the engine conks, it will be replaced if there is a warranty. So there, we are thinking of replacing our Ford with another Mitsubishi.

3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Chrissy, it's sooo easy to put air into your tires chikadee...and so important that they'\re inflated regularly particularly if they sit around for a long time without moving in hot weather they can lose a lot of pressure and go flat ...

Go here and look at the loads of videos online on how to do it..honestly it's very easy!! .

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Thanks Holly, I kind of knew the basics but had trouble with the air pump at the gas station with my old car.

I got frustrated and never tried again.

5. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, it's easy Chrissy .... I hate messing with car stuff, but that is the one thing I can do myself.
    Just get a good reliable gauge.

6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I did have one but I think I left in my old Altima. :)

I think my problem is more with the air hose...the ones I have used you put money in and then you only have a little bit of time to fill the tire.

I'm going to have to do it soon. My tire pressure now is about 29 when I check it when I start the car but after driving it goes up to 30-31.