C I S A Issues Emergency Directive Due To Government Security Threat

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Yvonne Smith, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The morning news is talking about a cyber warfare issue of compromised network company, Solarwinds Orion.
    It would appear that this company has had their security hacked into, and since they are involved with many other companies, this could compromise a lot of our government-related security.
    They are saying that this could have also affected the Dominion voting machines, among other things, and they are calling for all government companies to search to see if they have been compromised.

Yesterday, we had a lot of trouble with our Wifi connection, and both Bobby and I ended up connecting to the hotspot on our cellphones for most of the day. I do not know if this had anything to do with the cyber attack or not, but am now wondering if there was a connection ?

3DF6168F-A83C-4F72-BD63-AFF8CE81FDBC.jpeg

2. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

For perspective, sometimes not seen for a long time:
    Members online now:
    Total: 179 (members: 10, guests: 162, robots: 7)

Chinese, Korean, Russian 'robots' scan the site constantly.
    Wherever they can gain a view, on any site, they go and copy everything they can.
    And all the information is recorded, collated, and analyzed with all the other information about everyone, about every company, about every government and government agency.....

Robots are often the most populated group visiting a forum or other site, continuously all day, all night, all week, all year...
    (seeing over 50 or 100 robots visiting a site is fairly common in the last five years)

Oh, as to connection speed - it used to be there were 2 to six wifi sources when logging in ......
    now many days there are 7 to 25 wifi sources active -
    i.e. there are so many more people and businesses, etc, getting active , taking up bandwidth , for however much that affects speed and such...

3. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

Ever time I log in on to this site the header states "Not Secure", have no HTTP or HTTPS

4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Tom, it has to do with the site security certificate, but is not an issue. Here's what @Yvonne Smith posted about it recently...