Buying Extra Because Of The Corona Virus Situation?

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Wife has ulcer on one leg so I needed to buy gloves for applying cream and other medication. Walmart all out of gloves, purel.

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We bought three more Soft Soap at Target yesterday, along with a box of cold/flu medicine and Halls Cough Drops...…...of which all were gone at our local Walmart. We also noticed numerous people at Walmart, getting a shopping cart, but not wiping down the handle with a sanitary wipe. Just, "get and go".

Talked to a friend of ours yesterday, who is 75, and he told us that he's not scared at all about this whole thing. Sort of like "if I get it and die, I die" attitude. "I've got better things to do than think about or worry about this virus." he also said. "I'm just going to keep on doing what I always do, no matter what the officials say." he said.

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Even Amazon and Sam’s Club don’t really have toilet paper. I just looked. They show it as listed, but then it either says not available to be shipped to your area, or out of stock until April, or things similar to that.
    Sam’s should ship, but they don’t show it as available now, and they show all of the clubs anywhere near us as being out of stock.

4. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

Why toilet paper? Went to Wal Mart yesterday just for normal shopping. Did not need any tp but looked any way. Yep empty shelves. If everybody starts crapping enough to use this supply we are in store for another kind of plague!

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

It probably didn’t help any that CNN announced that there was a shortage of TP and that people were panic buying it. This happened a week or so ago, and the panic buying has gotten worse since CNN spread the word that we were going to run out of it.

D844E786-70DF-4394-AFE7-8986C959C61D.jpeg

Craig Wilson and Bobby Cole like this.
  6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Mine arrived this morning, as a matter of fact. It took only about three days. I ordered a case just in case the idiots around here began buying it up. That's the problem when idiots, listening to the media, start that sort of thing. Everyone has to follow, just to ensure they have what they need for the regular course of living.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  7. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Because we can live without some things but living without toilet paper would be an extreme hardship. Can you imagine the results?

Craig Wilson likes this.
  8. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Too bad there are no more Sears catalogs, so I guess I'll use the New York Times if necessary.

9. Ken Anderson

It's finally reached Millinocket. The toilet paper aisle is empty. That's what happens when people listen to the news as if it were real.

10. Ken Anderson

There's plenty of toilet paper available on Amazon, although the brands you're used to buying might out. As I said, I ordered a case (Scotts) a couple of days ago that arrived this morning, and I just ordered another case, just to see if they would change the arrival date but it gives me an arrival date only a few days from now. They were out of the Scotts, though. It doesn't look like there's much of shortage at all on the ones made for the commercial dispensers, but the ones I ordered were regular home use paper, just a brand I've never heard of. So we have two and a half cases now. It looks like we'll be set as far as toilet paper goes, if I can keep my wife from bringing it to her recovery center, since they probably haven't bulk-ordered anything there.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  11. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

I tried ordering some soups from Amazon last evening and they are gouging prices. Did not bother.

12. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I've decided to buy a 10 lb bag of pinto beans tomorrow, if they have them. As long as they don't shut off the water and electricity, I'll be set for weeks.

I'll get tired of them soon, but I need to drop a few pounds gained over the winter anyway. ;)

13. Emily Brown

Emily Brown Veteran Member
    Registered

The Microbe
    by Hilaire Belloc

The Microbe is so very small
    You cannot make him out at all,
    But many sanguine people hope
    To see him through a microscope.
    His jointed tongue that lies beneath
    A hundred curious rows of teeth;
    His seven tufted tails with lots
    Of lovely pink and purple spots,
    On each of which a pattern stands,
    Composed of forty separate bands;
    His eyebrows of a tender green;
    All these have never yet been seen–
    But Scientists, who ought to know,
    Assure us that they must be so …
    Oh! let us never, never doubt
    What nobody is sure about!

*Hilaire Belloc was a British-French writer and historian

Craig Wilson likes this.
  14. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Alas, but I have the solution for the “Need to Buy Toilet Paper Virus” that is going around.
    If one looks, whilst the shelves where the TP used to be are bare, the paper towel shelves are weighted down with paper towels aplenty.

It may not meet the needs of the Toilet Paper Virus but just for a temporary bit of relief from it, buy paper towels instead. When you get home with the rolls, get out a good sharp knife, coping saw or if one is so blessed, the band saw and cut the roll to the same measurement as a regular roll of TP.
    You should get 2 rolls plus a 2 1/2 - 3” section with which to clean the nostrils is one so wishes.

Now, the solution is only a good one if one chooses wisely what kind of paper towel one wishes to use on their bum but even the most delicate among us will find that we can adapt easily to the situation.

15. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

I think you have to be concerned about the kind of paper if you've got a septic system.

Nancy Hart likes this.