Bleak Future For Assange

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Maggie Mae, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I agree @Maggie Mae but I think they will find it difficult to prosecute Assange for anything connected to the Clinton campaign. It has been shown clearly that the data obtained by Wikileaks did not come from a hack, but from a download to a zip drive. It must have been obtained and released by someone in her campaign who was uncomfortable with what was being done, perhaps a disgruntled Bernie supporter.

Maggie Mae, Bill Boggs and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Hillary may not ever answer for the myriad of evils she has been party to and performed on this earth but one thing she does know is that her place in history will be told in some very dark manners. She will never be known as a hero, the first woman president, and only vaguely as a former first lady.
    She also already knows that a major portion of the population believes her to be nothing more than a pocket stuffing profiteer, and in some circles, as a treasonous murderer who is a co-conspirator for the downfall of our constitutional republic.

To me, it is only by sheer arrogance and some help from her psychiatrist, pills and booze that she hasn’t already considered suiciding herself.
    In actuality, I really believe that at some point in the near future, Bill might just help her out with that.
    Just a small feeling mind you, but a feeling nonetheless.

4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

The Clintons are desperate to remain relevant. Yawn.

Maggie Mae and Tom Galty like this.
  5. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

The Republicans are desperate to keep them in the news as a distraction. Yawn.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Her day has come and gone.

7. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Whilst I “might” agree with you in a minor way, it would seem that AOC is already doing that and it seems as though the left wing of the media is helping without the Republican Party having to say much of anything except laugh a lot. :)

8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If Republicans gave awards to people who most helped their cause, AOC would at least be in the running, and I think Hillary wouldn't be far behind, at this point. While the Clintons were once formidable Democrats, a lot of Democrats are recognizing them as an embarrassment; although I don't know how they can tell who's the bigger embarrassment since there's so many in the running, including most of those who have declared for 2024.

9. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Did you hear her recent speech defending Rep. Omar's announcement that 9-11 happened but it didn't amount to much? AOC seemed to say that minority women's rights are more important than anything that happened in 2001.

Bobby Cole and Ken Anderson like this.
  10. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Yeah, so I heard. I don’t suppose AOC has ever considered the fact that women’s rights, white privilege or any other type of discrimination determined who would die in the twin towers.
    But then, she was just a shoeless 10 year old little girl when the towers fell and Bill and Hillary were stuck wondering why Ladin hadn’t been shot when Bill had the chance to have it done.

The towers might have been attacked anyway, but if Bin Ladin hadn’t been around it is doubtful. Thanks Bill. Thanks Hillary. Save your breath AOC.

Don Alaska likes this.
  11. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Bobby Cole
    Bill might actually be so inclined, but stands to lose possibly more now, than then. IMO.
    Frank

Bobby Cole likes this.
  12. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

An explanation of the "Easter Worshipers" comment by both Obama and Clinton:
    Link

13. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Wikileaks founder Julian Assange has been slapped with a further 18 espionage charges by the US. Is this the end of the Australian rabble rouser? These cover his classified document dealings with Chelsea Manning in 2010 and 2011 which WikiLeaks published almost unredacted. If the US Gov. finds him guilty of these additional charges he faces a cumulative sentence of 180 years. There is an ethical if not a moral issue here. Many are questioning whether the Espionage Act should be used against journalists or even their sources.

14. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Journalist? Questionable, IMO. Espionage and leaking national security documents is a far cry from journalism. From the BBC...

Assistant Attorney General John Demers said the department took "seriously the role of journalists in our democracy" but that Assange was "no journalist".

"Indeed, no responsible act of journalism would purposely publish the names of individuals he or she knew to be confidential sources in war zones, exposing them to the gravest of dangers," he added.

15. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

No official information as of right now, but the talk on Twitter is that President Trump is going to pardon Julian Assange, probably soon. I am in favor of that, and hope that he pardons Assange and Edward Snowden both.

Bobby Cole and Ken Anderson like this.