Black Cobras and Other Strange Happenings

Discussion in 'Dreams & Interpretations' started by Yvonne Smith, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Last night, I had just the strangest dream. While I wouldn't go so far as to call it a nightmare; it was disturbing enough that I was certainly glad when I finally woke up.
    I lived in some house I have never seen before (which is a usual thing in my dreams). Somehow, the front door was left open and snakes came in.
    Some of them were small ones, and we easily killed those; but there were two very large, black cobras. I immediately started looking for Chipper to get him put away in a safe place, and after I had put both Chipper and Tootsie in their crates, suddenly the house was also full of cats.
    There must have been at least six cats, and one of them was very pregnant. Well, I didn't want the snakes to kill the cats either; so I started in catching cats next, all the while worrying how Chipper and Tootsie would manage with a bunch of cats in their crates, too.
    Happily, when I took the cats in the room where the crates were; it turned out that I now had a whole wall of cages, like you would find at a veterinary clinic, and I was able to put all of the cats away safely in their own cages.
    Then, I went back out to try and find those two big cobras and kill them, although I had no idea how I would go about doing that. However, I next noticed that water was pouring into the house through a hole in the ceiling; so I started calling for Bobby to come and see why we had water coming through the roof.
    He said it was probably due to all of the flooding outside (WHAT flooding ? ? ), and I should go out the back door and see if the back of the house was going to collapse or not.
    That sounded worrisome, so I headed for the back door on the run.

It turned out that the back door did not go outside.
    It went down some long steps and into a dark, musty cave tunnel, which was getting smaller as I went along. I finally realized that I was never going to get outside through this tunnel; so I went back up to the house again.
    Now, I discovered that there were two strange people in my house, and I right away did not like these people. The woman said that they were there to help me and she had one of the snakes; but the snake that she had was a white cobra, and (even worse) it was down the front of her blouse and staring out at me with an evil look.
    She and her husband both started talking at once as I was telling them to leave, and they were refusing. I finally woke up as I was trying to get them back out the front door.
    I have no idea what (if anything at all) this might mean; and I can't think what might have provoked such a strange dream.
    The book I was reading before bedtime was how to manage my Kindle; so I am sure that was not the cause of it.

2. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

Very troubling dream, I hate snakes so that would have been the end of the dream for me. I would have gotten myself up just to not see the snakes any more. I would not even begin to give a meaning to your dream, I do think that all dreams do not have a meaning just stuff like a commercial in your dream.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Thank you, Pat ! I hate snakes, too, and would probably have awakened right away except the snakes slithered away and hid, and my very first thought was to find Chipper (my little dog) and get him to safety. This drew me into the dream, since taking care of Chipper was very important to me, even in the dream.
    I guess that what I experienced is what is called a "venting dream", as opposed to a "processing dream" (which is where you actually work out solutions in your sleep).
    The venting dream is a kind of nightmare, according to the article that I was reading, and it is a way that the subconscious mind releases worries and frustrations. Even though the actual content of the dream has no bearing on reality; it apparently helps us to overcome some of our fears.
    Here is a short article explaining the difference between the two types of dreams.

https://laurenr15.wordpress.com/2011/03/05/processing-and-venting-dreams/

4. Jenn Windey

Jenn Windey Supreme Member
    Registered

Any dream I ever had about snakes was not a good dream. I am glad they did not bite you. If I dream of them it usually means that someone is trying to do something mean to me. Or that I am about to get very sick. I get the impression that the flooding in the dream is a "welling up" of concerns of some sort. You want your pets contained and safe, and obviously you care about other animals being safe. It is like you are taking care of everyone.

I feel like I want to stop at this moment and ask you if you have heart or vein troubles? I ask because the woman put a white snake (the opposite color) down in her shirt. Black and white are polar opposites and can mean the literal of black and white in reading or thinking. like it is in black and white like writing on the wall. Whatever it is rising up is also raining down on your heads and going backwards is no way out. Even the tunnel getting smaller makes me wonder again about your veins. maybe you need a check up or have health concerns? Something is constricted and you are not happy about it.

You sure the snakes weren't boa constrictors? Another thought, cobra's flatten and the thought could be about dwindling resources of some sort.

5. Yvonne Smith

Interesting questions, Jenn ! some of the things you ask are definitely right on the money. I DO have heart problems. For many years I have had atrial fibrillation and congestive heart failure. Last year, it had gotten to the point where my heart was only working at 23%EF, and they decided to operate on my heart.
    They did a procedure with seems to have stopped the fibrillation, and that has helped the heart to deal with the CHF; so altogether, i am doing much better than before.
    I was over 2 months premature when I was born; so I have also always had poor lungs. Between those two issues, I have trouble getting oxygen to my head, brain, and body most of the time. So, your description of those issues could well fit the dream.

The other night I had another interesting dream. A lot better dream than the snake dream, too. See what you make of this one, Jenn.
    About the only kind of candy that I like is Peter Paul Mounds bars. They are made with semi-sweet dark chocolate and coconut, and I love them; but maybe only eat candy bars once or twice in a year's time.
    However, my Sweetie had bought me one at the store that day , and I happily ate it with my morning coffee.
    So, that night, I dreamed that I was making homemade Mounds bars.
    I melted the chocolate and shredded up a coconut and added some coconut sugar to sweeten it a little; but then I realized that it needed something to bind the bar together while I dipped it into the chocolate coating.
    Next I remembered that Bobby had bought a bag of cement powder at Lowe's, and I thought that would work perfectly to set up the chocolate............ yuck !
    The next morning, I laughed and told Bobby to keep his cement out of my dreams.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  6. Jenn Windey

Jenn Windey Supreme Member
    Registered

I think that was a great dream, and I too have a love of Mounds Bars. Before I give you my thought what it means let me just give you a background on my feelings on dreams. There was a time in my life when I was having terrible nightmares quite often. I would have very vivid disturbing dreams and did not know why. Being an avid reader I stumbled upon quite a bit of information on dreams, which as any avid readers know lead to more and more information. I must have spent close to five years researching nothing but dreams and the psychology of dreaming. This in turn lead to reading tons on symbolism, cultural thoughts, medicine, parapsychology and philosophy. IMHO and my conclusion of all this information- dreams are the communication of the sub conscious to the conscious, it is the little bits we "know" unconsciously but do not "know" or perhaps "accept" as a conscious real thought. The symbols the unconscious mind brings in dreams are deep and has a meaning sometimes that is relevant only to the experience of the dreamer. Although some symbols are universal. Also the mind, when it categorizes and files inputs (thoughts, scents, stimuli of an kind) into our memory, it seems to have a pretty weird system that seems to group things probably not as literal as we would consciously. For example if you saw a shoe it could be, depending on context, a substitute for "shoo" as in shoo fly or go away, or new shoes as in a new walk in life. My point being it is only through meditation on the symbols we are given that we can come to a conclusion what it is the inner unconscious wants us to know. Dream dictionaries are great but in the end it is our experience of the world and classification on that experience that give meaning to the symbols.

Okay so I am a hopeless romantic and this is what I would think your dream meant

Your saying in real life you had a treat you love but do not have often, this was bought by your beloved and you ate it with your morning coffee which is unusual to anyone but a chocolate lover like me.

Your dreaming you want to make this for your beloved, no doubt out of gratitude and true desire to share what you love, so much so that you want to make it sweeter. But thats not enough so you grab an unusual ingredient that he has which is cement.

We all know what cement is used for, it makes for a solid permanent walkway or structure,it holds things together, it can be rubber cement that bonds things. Cement- could be universal that way, or maybe cement could be like cement shoes and swimming with the fishes? I am a romantic and prefer not to think it is the later. I would say knowing nothing of you or your relationship it is about building something lasting and solid.

So ask yourself, you used HIS cement- could it be you have been reflecting on wanting to do nicer things for your beloved so that you are more "cemented" together or to keep the structure strong? It was his cement so it sounds like a trait he has that you wish to use to make things "sweeter" between you or as a couple. Maybe you need a date night? or some time to sweeten things up and make them more "cemented?"

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

Jenn, you amaze me ! I do have a serious dream to tell you that happened years and years ago, and stil worries me to this day; so I will start another topic about that one, and see if you can fathom it out for me.
    Here is what the cement was actually for; and (thankfully) not for homemade Mounds bars.
    image.jpg