Are You Sheltering In Place? How?

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Lon Tanner, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

After I got up at 7:30 this AM, and let my wife continue sleeping, I started sneezing. Generally I will sneeze upwards of 8 times...….always with my hand over my mouth. After sneezing and then blowing my nose, I know that I will do a little coughing due to nose draining down my throat. So, I cough a few times and done.

As far as what we are doing: Well, apparently our Colorado Governor had the state scheduled to stop the Stay At Home Order on Sunday night, because he decided to extend it to Sunday, April 26. That will be 4 days less of the National April 30 stop. But, he also included that, if he sees a need to, he will extend that April 26th date into May. Actually, we didn't even know about the April 5th stop.

Anyway, we continue to stay at home. Unfortunately, the last few days have been extremely beautiful weather here in the low-to-mid 70's. But, Forecasters say that we have snow coming in on Easter Sunday. Oh well, we got use to nice/warm days during our winter months that end up turning back into snow/cold days later. Seen a number of those days when we lived here before.

2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Our governor is allowing the beaches in Georgia to be open, in spite of protests by residents and officials of many towns along the ocean.

Tybee Island, a small coastal city that depends on tourism, closed its beaches two weeks ago. But the town's decision was abruptly reversed when Gov. Brian Kemp's shelter-in-place order went into effect and reopened the state's beaches, last Friday. :rolleyes:

I read that Tybee Mayor Shirley Sessions is going to take down "beach closed" signs, but will close off all parking facilities to the beaches. . Take that, Gov! :p

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Yes, we just found out, from a friend that lives in Ormond Beach, Florida, that the beaches have reopened there after being closed for three days. Thing is, people have to keep walking and be the 6 feet apart or be informed by Beach Patrol/PD about not doing it. Our friend told us "it's like being in Prison with a window showing the beach". He hates the restrictions, but...……"too bad dude" I told him.

4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I see no reason that people shouldn't go to beaches if they stay far enough apart. My son saw people at two churches holding a church service out on the lawn Sunday. They were a safe distance apart. That sounds like a good idea to me.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I think they are more worried about a lot of people coming in from other parts of the state. Or tourists from neighboring states.

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

-- Fox 21

That's the problem with laws - they are always enforced to their most ridiculous extreme. Three cops can get together to arrest him, but he's violating the social distancing laws for being outdoors with his wife and daughter. Colorado is becoming California.

7. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

They won't arrive until early June, which should be about right for the 2nd wave of Covid-19.

Hal

8. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

9. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Ken, they asked him for his ID and he refused to give it. He was a former Colorado State Trooper who owns a construction business now. Back, when he was a Trooper, if a person refused to show him their ID, he most likely would've arrested that person as well. It was also stated that him, his wife and their daughter was in a park that was closed. However, the "closed" sign was somewhat misleading.

He was detained, in the patrol car, but later released. He says he thinks he's going to get a lawyer and sue the Brighton PD. For what???? They were doing their job, just like he would've have if he was still in law enforcement and asking for an ID. If this former State Trooper would've simply cooperated with Brighton Officers, about the ID, he wouldn't have been detained.

The city is now apologizing and I don't know why? Officers ask for an ID and the person refused to produce it (if he even had it on him). IOW, when Officers ask for something...…..produce it for them!

11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Looks kind of like Darth Vader......... could this be you, @Cody Fousnaugh ?

766F759D-C067-41AB-BC2F-382C6F5A0479.jpeg

Bobby Cole and Al Amoling like this.
  12. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  13. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Why should he need an ID to play stickball with his daughter in the park? This isn't Nazi Germany. He should sue. If this virus is half the danger they want us to believe it is, the cops put him, his wife, and his daughter at risk by not keeping their distance.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  14. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

There have been 2 deaths from COVID-19 in my county, both just a few miles from me. I'm sure glad that one of them wasn't me.

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Don't know what to tell you Ken. All I do know, is that this former State Trooper refused to show ID when asked and perhaps got snotty with the officers when asked for it. Nobody, even a former law enforcement officer can get away with getting snotty with law enforcement.

And, on top of this, would like to know why he is a "former" State Trooper. Appears to wife and I that not the entire story is being told, which isn't uncommon. Just don't know what exactly was said between this "former" and those officers. He put him in cuffs for a reason.

Like many encounters between people and law enforcement officers, a lot of times not the entire story comes out, except in court.

As far as being "serious", Ken...…..just how many people, young and old, must die in America before the word "serious" is used?

Shirley Martin likes this.