Anyone Else Want To Rant? Join In

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Von Jones, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Bruce Andrew

Bruce Andrew Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hmm, so we had similar problems and a similar solution. No foot numbness though? Do you ever get low-level headaches if you rotate your head a lot more than usual? I do sometimes.

The surgeon also told me about the same as you were told, that if I slipped and fell on the ice the bone spurs could wreck my spinal cord and paralyze me.

FWIW: My late mother was born November 1, 1915. ;)

Faye Fox likes this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Just how will American cities stop all of this gun violence??? Every weekend, same thing.........people killed and injured.

Hedi Mitchell and John Brunner like this.
  3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Stop disarming honest citizens. It works everywhere else without bloodshed. They already know it works in these inner cities.

In 2008 the Supreme Court ruled on a case titled District of Columbia v Heller. The Supreme Court ruled that the city's total ban on handguns, as well as its requirement that firearms in the home be kept nonfunctional even when necessary for self-defense, violated the Second Amendment. Now citizens regained their right to have functioning loaded firearms at-the-ready in their own homes. Word got out on the street. Crime IMMEDIATELY dropped. The criminals knew that the average citizen was no longer a disarmed easy soft target. Not a single shot was fired. What the the DC government have to say about it? They claimed that their years-old "programs" had finally kicked in and yielded fruit. Midnight Basketball saved the day! Heller was just a coincidence of timing, they said.

The state of Vermont has Constitutional Carry...no permit required to own a gun, to open carry a gun, or to conceal carry a gun. Vermont has--on average--10 homicides per year state-wide, with roughly 2 of those being committed with a firearm...over the course of an entire year.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Not talking about home/citizens, talking about gangs and attacks by those with a gun against young people that have no gun on them. So, in talking about the big cities, like Sacramento and Chicago, how can the gun violence stop???

John Brunner likes this.
  5. John Brunner

It is more than an issue of the direct victim being armed. It has to do with the atmosphere, for lack of a better word.

List the areas that have a crime problem and the citizens' Second Amendment Rights are not being violated, and then you & I will have something to talk about. If you cannot put together such a list, your question has been answered.

Al Amoling likes this.
  6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Ok, but just how do you arm young kids and those that aren't and don't want to be armed? Second Amendment Rights aren't being violated IF there are those that refuse to carry. Just how can "drive-by shootings" be handled or an unarmed person gets into an argument with someone who is armed illegally and that person pulls a gun and starts shooting.

Like I've already stated, Second Amendment Rights aren't, and can't be, violated, if there are those that refuse to carry a gun. We will never carry. Why? Don't even plan on living somewhere where that would be a necessity.

7. John Brunner

You didn't read what I wrote, did you?

One last time:
    Get me that list and then we can talk.

Al Amoling and Don Alaska like this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Actually, John, I'm speaking to the entire forum, not just you.

John Brunner likes this.
  9. John Brunner

Others can chime in.

So, can you name a single place where citizens have the right to carry and the stuff you are concerned about happens? Just one single place? You can't. No such place exists. There's a reason for that.

You can field that question and still respond to others.

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

What to do about gun crime?
    1. Don't elect gun banners.
    2. Laws should encourage law-abiding citizens to own weapons.
    3. Enforce crimes committed with a gun.
    4. Use the school systems for education rather than indoctrination.
    This should work. If not, it will at least enable people to defend themselves.

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

The state of Arizona has "open-carry" as well as concealed. Phoenix still has gun crime.

John Brunner likes this.
  12. John Brunner

Yeh, my state capital is in the same boat. Virginia is generally safe from that stuff, but parts of Richmond are No Go Zones.

But neither Phoenix nor Richmond are as violent as their counterparts where guns are banned. I guess there is no perfect safety. But there's that common gun-ban issue in areas of extreme violence.

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Ken, just because a person/person's own weapons, don't mean they will "carry" or shoot an intruder. Unless the occasion happened, wife and I can't say whether we shoot someone or not. There are those that can talk "macho" about using a firearm, but it comes right down to it, could all of those people actually shoot someone?

My SIL (wife's sister) is terrified of any firearm...........really terrified. My wife's entire family gets shocked when we show them a picture of her shooting either her rifle or her handgun at the Range.

14. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

In nearly every case, they don't have to. Very few gun owners ever find the need to shoot anyone. The fact that someone is likely to be armed is enough of a deterrent for most people. Most of the gun crime takes place in a handful of heavily Democrat-controlled cities, and these would be the ones with the most stringent gun laws. In the rest of the country, they have to count suicides, police shootings, hunting accidents, and other accidental shootings in order to get the gun death statistics up to a level where they can get anyone to worry about it.

15. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I would add that there is a need for the encouragement of two-parent families. The gangs are largely composed of children of single-parent families. Having a stay-at-home parent makes the ratio even better. Supporting law enforcement and a real "justice" system helps, too. Notice most of the violence occurs in areas controlled by Democrats.