Amazon Stress!

Discussion in 'Online Retailers' started by Patsy Faye, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

We ordered a DVD and awaited delivery from Amazon yesterday, suddenly we get an Email stating it
    had been left with a neighbour - it had not, it had been delivered down the road to a stranger !

Paul had to go to the address to find a man outside packing up and moving out.
    He said he knew nothing about the item and to call back when the Landlord was there in the evening.
    Well I tell ya, I gave Amazon what for ! (on the phone)
    Telling them they had no right to leave my parcel with a stranger, when we were waiting for the delivery and we also have our neighbours anyway to leave it with
    Apologies - apologies, not good enough says I
    I want you to ensure it 'never' happens again !
    Paul went back in the evening and they say it was not delivered.
    We think the lodger had taken it as he was moving on
    Caused a lot of stress to me as it was so unnecessary and stupid
    We got a refund

Holly Saunders likes this.
  2. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

My stress is usually with UPS Patsy Faye...for when they deliver, you can expect to find it anywhere! One time my package was in the mailbox. I didn't know they could even use that! ANother time in the rain at the end of the driveway, at least in a sleeve, However, yeah, I ordered something on Amazon...Washington Post Subscription...I was willing to renew 1.00 for six months, which I thought i had then they were saying something like 3.99 per month...I was confused because I just had it for six months free...anyway, I had to keep looking at the order...to see what was what..it was not clear at all.

3. Patsy Faye

Registered

Its a mess alright Karen, obviously don't train the staff well enough
    Took me hours to feel calm about it - who in their right mind would leave a valuable with a 'stranger' :(

K E Gordon likes this.
  4. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

How could this be Amazon's fault unless a drone from them delivered it? Amazon has no control over USPS or UPS leaving a package at the wrong house! I've been shopping heavily with Amazon for more than 12 years, and I have never EVER had a problem that they did not resolve satisfactorily and immediately. Probably the best customer service I've ever seen anywhere.

Yvonne Smith and Chrissy Cross like this.
  5. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Mari North - Hi, it was their fault because we have several deliveries that are delivered by Amazon Logistics
    They did sort out the problem by giving the refund but, we have struggled to find a replacement as the item is end of the line
    Besides that, it was sheer stupidity for 'their' driver to leave the product with a stranger down the road, while I'm at home waiting
    They need to better train these drivers

Holly Saunders likes this.
  6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I had a similar thing happen a couple of years ago Patsy....only they left it in my neighbours' wheelie bin....no note to either of us that it was in the bin, even tho' it should have never been placed there in the first place
    . It was only found because we both take turns in pulling our respective bins into our rear gardens after they've been emptied..and it was my turn to do it, and I always lift the lid of the bins to ensure they've been emptied ..and there was my parcel in my neighbours Bin...!! Appalling customer service..

Patsy Faye and K E Gordon like this.
  7. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Holly Saunders - :eek:
    Well they assure me this will never happen again and as they have lost this item and value - I hope this is the case

8. USPS, Fed-Ex, UPS: From my endless bad experiences in recent years, it seems to me the problem is too many people don't want to WORK.
    They want the income, but they don't want to do their jobs.

Patsy Faye and Holly Saunders like this.
  9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Not to long ago on one of our local News stations there was a report with video of a UPS driver driving down a rural country road throwing packages out of his UPS van and into the wooded area on the side of the road. A car was driving from the opposite direction, saw this happening, and took their cell phone and recorded what the UPS guy was doing. People had been complaining about not getting their deliveries around this area. When the UPS man was asked why he did that, his answer was that he didn't feel like delivering them. He was checking off that they had been delivered though! I'm thinking there might have been some kind of scam going on where the packages he threw out contained things he could sell on the side, etc.

10. Sounds like a situation that occurred here around 2 years ago- a regular mail carrier was caught tossing quantities of mail off a bridge. Packages and first-class mail.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I remember reading something like that a few years ago...except the mail person was keeping on the mail and parcels in their home. :) It's a really strange place we are living in now....with even stranger people.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  12. Or maybe there are more people these days who are just plain lazy.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  13. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Maybe In the UK, Amazon delivers packages. I don't know but I've never seen it here but doesn't mean it doesn't exist in other states. When I order from Amazon, it's usually UPS or Fedex that delivers it, depends on size of package also.

They just ring the bell and drop off the package at the front door, they don't wait to hand it to you here. I've never not gotten anything from Amazon. There was only one time I had to call them because it said it was delivered and it wasn't. They were ready to ship another one but then I realized I made the mistake because I was at my daughters house and she gets lots of pkgs every day. The thing I ordered was small and I didn't look in the big pkgs that are delivered. Later when my daughter came home she said that there is a pkg for me. Had to call back
    And cancel the order that was being shipped. I'm honest, coulda kept both.

14. Arlene Richards

Arlene Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

@Patsy Faye I would be FURIOUS!:mad:

Assurances they won't do it again are worthless.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  15. I've heard Amazon plans to start using drones... that kind of tech stuff is beyond me, but I'd probably wig if I saw some weird mechanical object flying around tossing packages!!

Patsy Faye likes this.