Amazon Prime

Discussion in 'Online Retailers' started by K E Gordon, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes as you say @Yvonne Smith you can share it with your family, which I do and feel it's good value for money, I have also been given several free months over the time I have been using it for various mistakes etc. We get the same day delivery option here, order before 3pm in the afternoon and receive in the evening, which I use sometimes when something is needed urgently..

Joe Riley likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Every year in July, amazon has a special promotion called "Prime Day" and this year it is on July 11th. They said that some of the deals actually start tomorrow night. I am not sure why, but maybe because. Of the time difference worldwide, and the sales are good everywhere.
    For the last few days they have been having drawings for free merchandise, and if you sign in to your Amazon account, you can see what the special giveaways are.
    There was over 90 pages when I looked yesterday and more things added again today. I went through the list and entered for anything that I thought we might possibly like to have; but so far I didn't win anything. Some of the drawings, you can tell right away whether you won anything or not, and some of them, they will do a drawing and notify the winners.
    In any case, if you have some spare time, it might be fun to browse through and see what is offered. Some things, you have to watch a 2-minute video presentation about the item in order to enter the drawing, and some of them, you need to follow the seller on Twitter.
    I figured that after this is all over and done with, then I have to go to my Twitter account an unfollow the ones that I don't want to follow.
    Almost all of the sellers are also offering a discount coupon for 20-30 % off on the item, if you do not win it.
    I remember that they had this last year, and we didn't pay much attention to it because there wan't anyting that we were really interested in buying; but this year I might check it out just to see how good the specials are.

Ina I. Wonder and Von Jones like this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I hope it's better than last year's. I didn't seen anything special in Prime Day last year.

4. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm not a Prime member but received emails about Prime Day. I didn't know if I could participate without a Prime status. I did receive a deal in me email yesterday for TP that was much cheaper than what I had in my cart:) so I ordered two:). I just couldn't pass that up.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  5. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm not a prime member but I got something by email on it. Wasn't sure how it worked.

6. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

It's all too complicated for me.

Spencer Berrett likes this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

I have been looking at some of the Prime day specials, and they have the new Kindle Fire with Alexa in several colors for only $29, which seems like a very good deal . I have a Kindle Fire that I use fo rreading; but mine is an older model; so I am thinking that this might be a good time to update it. I doubt that we will see a new Kindle that cheap again.
    I just use my Kindle mainly for reading because it is the perfect size and weight for that; but I can use it to go online if I wanted to do that. The iPad Pro is a lot larger and better for me to see what I am doing, plus I have the keyboard case for it; so that is what I mainly use for everything. However, they have a lot of apps that you can use on the Kindle, too.
    IMG_0664.JPG IMG_0663.JPG

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

I watched a couple youtube videos about the new Kindle 7 with Alexa, and it is a lot more updated than the old one that I have had for several years; so for $29, I figured that I could not get a better price than that, and I ordered one. I deliberated about which color to get; but after watching the videos, I really like the golden yellow color, and that is what I ordered.
    This one has a whole different set up in how it is operated, and looks more like I am used to having with the ipad. It even has cameras, which I really do not need because I use the camera on the iPhone when I want to take a picture.
    But it looks like it might be lighter weight than my old one, and has more features. When I went to Idaho, I packed along my old Kindle to read with on the plane, but I also took along the iPad Pro. Since the iPad is about the size of a small laptop when it is in the keyboard case, and I had to carry it in my back pack to make sure it was safe, it added a lot of extra weight in the backpack.
    I think that this new Kindle will be versatile enough that if I travel, I can use it instead of having to carry the big ipad along, and that will save a lot of room and weight of carrying around, and it is enough larger than my phone that I can see it better.
    I will report back with more once it gets here on Friday ! !

Jenna Parnellson likes this.
  9. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks to @Yvonne Smith telling us about the Amazon Prime Day. I was able to pick up four Kindles and one Ehco Dot, and with tax it was less than $165.

So you can bet I'll mark my calendar for the first of July, and that way it will alert me to pay attention for the set date of next year's specials. I place an order at least once a month, but with the extra discount day I'll be holding off on some of the bigger ticket items so I can possibly take advantage of the bigger discounts. :D

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

I think that the last day of the Prime Day giveaways is either today, or maybe not until the 28th, and then they will notify the winners of the drawings. I get an email each day with the new giveaways, and have been entering all of them that have something that I think I can use. Some of the giveaways, you have to watch a video, or follow a company on Twitter; so that is pretty easy to do, and some of them all you have to do is click on the entry button.
    Most of the drawings are supposed ot announce the winners by the end of this month. I imagine that there are so many thousands of people entering the giveaways each day that there is only a small chance of me winning something; but you never know unless you try.
    I really like my new Fire 7 tablet that I got on Prime Day, and now I am thinking about getting a new protective cover for it, one that puts it to sleep when I close the cover and wakes it when I open it, just like my iPad cover does.
    Who else has been entering the Amazon giveaway drawings ?

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  11. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I haven't. I want to give away things...not get more.

Maybe I'll have a drawing. :)

Oops, forgot I was taking a break....

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  12. Yvonne Smith

I am sorry that this is being a sad day for you, and I am sending you a virtual hug to help you feel better and get though the struggles you are facing today, @Chrissy Cross .
    IMG_0688.JPG

13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Thanks @Yvonne Smith ...thoughtful of you considering you just got out of the hospital. Hugs to you, too.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Yvonne Smith

Getting out of the hospital is an altogether wonderful thing (and a Happy Day), @Chrissy Cross . It is going into the hospital (and hoping that I will be coming back out again) that is the worrisome thing.
    In any case, thank you for the hugs, too !

15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Lol...true! :)