A New Day

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Marci Miller, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Steve Pecos

Steve Pecos Active Member
    Registered

Marci,

You have a right to feel irritated. You are right there where this is happening and you get to see a train wreck every day. You have my sympathy.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  2. Marci Miller

Marci Miller Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Won't be seeing much of anything for the next few days. I'm on vacation. *grins* No work till Tues.

I have a busy day tomorrow getting gas, checking oil, buying oil and a sunshade for the windshield. Gotta to get tags and taxes and trying to get a tow scheduled for the van. Ordering pizza as well tomorrow. Over the weekend I gotta order groceries. Hopefully the van will be towed away by Monday.

I'm not sure how much I'll be on this next 2 wks. My schedule is grueling and I've been pretty moody. I'll try to at least pop in and say howdy.

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Hey Marci. Good for you for taking some time off; enjoy it.

Marci Miller likes this.
  4. Marci Miller

Registered

They've reported the numbers in the paper again for the Covid. Their number of hospitalized is off. We had 30 or more on Thurs. We have almost 400 active cases again. Over 100 are the Delta variant. We've had another death. Then I saw this headline...
    US now averaging 100,000 new COVID-19 infections a day

And yet they're having car shows...parades...fairs...and soon Sturgis. Nobody wants to mask. Nobody wants the vaccine. Where do they think we're headed with all this non-compliance? Do they think this thing is just gonna go away? Are they really that ridiculously stupid? Meanwhile the hospitals are gonna suffer horribly if this keeps up. What makes me the most angry is the fact that I'm risking my life to show up to work to help take care of people who don't care enough to take care of themselves and who don't care that they're risking our lives because they can't manage to do the right thing.

5. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Marci Miller

Do you TRULY believe that all the deaths chronicled as "caused" by Covid virus were in reality "death by virus"? How many were peripheral, say, pneumonia enhanced by the virus?

Frank

Ken Anderson likes this.
  6. Marci Miller

Registered

The pneumonia is usually brought on by the virus to my knowledge. And why would they need to lie about the cause of death? Nobody has ever given me any kind of explanation for why they believe that. Do you honestly believe that they would lie about that many deaths in one day and to what purpose?

Frank Sanoica and Nancy Hart like this.
  7. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Marci Miller... thankyou for your medical service. A very hard job in deed, even before all this other. I would make other comment but this whole virus thing really hacks me off for many reasons.

8. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Marci Miller

First, if pneumonia is "brought on" by contraction of a certain virus, is the PNEUMONIA or the virus RESPONSIBLE for the death? See, let's rather consider that SOME of these Covid-caused (allegedly) deaths were probably imminent in those not yet infected with Covid, can we in good faith blame the death on Covid?

Frank

9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

2.56 million people died from pneumonia in 2017. In 2018, the death rate from influenza and pneumonia among persons aged ≥65 years was 93.2 deaths per 100,000 population. These deaths occurred before Dr. Fauci released his virus into the world.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  10. Marci Miller

Registered

me too. and i'm sick of fighting about it. i'm just done. if my opinion doesn't match up then i'm automatically wrong no matter what. that seems fair.

11. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't blame you one bit, Marci. When you are on the front lines with this virus, and folks obsessed with pushing covid denial stalk you into your journal thread just to argue, I'd be done also. Take care of yourself.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  12. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Thank you for all you do and hanging in there. We stay isolated but did go to grocery ,geed stores. Wore mask gloves, this is such a trying time for us all.

Marci Miller and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I'm sick of the never-ending ARGUING and every damn thread being dragged into the vaccine debate. Just get the damn vaccine if you want to, and don't if you don't want to. I'm so tired of all the blather where no one changes anyone's mind. Stay safe, Marci.

14. Marci Miller

Registered

just got off work a couple hrs ago. had to balance the checkbook & do a couple other things.

i wish some of these businesses would stop changing things all the time. they keep fiddling with our checking accts at the bank and now there's something going on with the atm's. i gotta call monday to see if i can still use the atm's at work. otherwise i may hafta trek across town for cash which is totally inconvenient.

been a busy day. i hit the ground running this morning cuz one of our workers called in so i got called in an hr and a half early. he better show up tomorrow cuz if he doesn't it will just be me and the lead.

Hedi Mitchell and Beth Gallagher like this.
  15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

You are still working too hard, @Marci Miller . I hope your bosses appreciate you.