A New Day

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Marci Miller, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Marci Miller

In a repair shop involved with other work than tires, the tire work is often relegated top the least tire-experienced guys. That may be happening to you.

Perhaps this little story will cheer you up. My brother in law, Rick, worked for me in the ARCO station I leased in the '70s. He became truly proficient at repairing tires, especially by plugging punctures. Plugging back then was already illegal in California, but not Nevada, and Rick kept his dip-tank of water for leak-checking between the two "bays" out back. When he pulled a nail or screw out of a tire, he threw it outside out back over his shoulder! He called it "job security", always showing the customer the offending part before disposing of it privately. He claimed he never recognized the same nail removed twice, though our outback was a mine field!

Frank

Marci Miller and Beth Gallagher like this.
  2. Marci Miller

Marci Miller Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Couldn't get the cab to pick me up yesterday so I ended up using the compressor on the tire and driving it. Who has a cab company and expects to keep customers if they can't manage to show up on time? Like ever. I was taking the cab in hopes of not damaging the tire. After waiting a half hour past when they told me they'd be here I left. I call them an hour and a half ahead to schedule the ride and they can't manage to make it. *rolls eyes* Customer service has gone downhill. I don't think these places care anymore.

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Hopefully, you get the car tires situation resolved right away, @Marci Miller ! If the cab service is not responsible, you might try using something like Uber or Lyft instead. I have used those when traveling with my daughter, and they were always very prompt and helpful.

4. Marci Miller

Registered

Uber makes me uncomfortable. I don't like the idea of just anyone picking me up. Makes me nervous. If this continues I'm gonna hafta demand they replace it cuz this is ridiculous.

I will see how it is when I go to the courthouse and doctor tomorrow. If it's flat I will drop it off after and make them fix it.

5. Yvonne Smith

Are you saying that you know who the taxi driver is, personally, @Marci Miller ? I didn’t understand that part, and can see why you would want someone that you know to pick you up rather than someone you do not know.

My experience with taxi drivers compared to Uber drivers, I would way rather have the Uber driver. They have their own vehicle, and in like new condition, and are usually driving for Uber as a part time occupation for a little extra money while in college, or as extra retirement money.
    Robin and I have met some really interesting people when taking an Uber from the airport to the hotel, or something similar to that.

My experience with the taxi drivers was that they didn’t speak English well, or maybe not at all, and they were kind of creepy , and not friendly like the Uber drivers are. So, I guess it just depends on what kind of experience you have had with either one, as to whom a person would feel more comfortable with.
    I had thought that if I had a new enough car, that I would enjoy being an Uber driver.

Bill Boggs, Bobby Cole and Faye Fox like this.
  6. Marci Miller

Registered

Morning. With the cab it's basically the same set of folks every day. Uber it would be someone different all the time and we have a rather large criminal element here. I just don't like not knowing what is picking me up. I'm just looking for a ride. I'm not terribly interested in how friendly they are cuz I'm not there to chit chat. It's a 5-7 min. ride. We don't have a bunch of foreigners driving for us so that's never an issue. I also don't need to be shuttled somewhere in a new vehicle. I'm used to riding in crap so I'm at home in a rickety cab. *laughs* Plus Uber charges more. It's like a dollar more a mile. It already costs me $6 one way. $12 a day for a cab is a lot anyway. It would be $14 with Uber. I'm gonna try the other cab companies in town and see if I have any better luck.

7. Marci Miller

Registered

Got my coffee and I'm working on some tests for my job today. They added a couple OSHA tests on Covid guidelines. I have a telemed appt at 3:00 then I have to go see what's going on with the tire. If it's flat again I'll have to go ahead and take it to the shop and make them fix it. I think they need to replace it if that guy can't fix it.

Things are picking up every day on the virus front again at work. Body in the morgue almost every day and we're seeing more paper service for food so look out fall here we come.

8. Marci Miller

Registered

Due to my anxiety I am experiencing some technical difficulties so I will be offline for a bit.

Have a great weekend!

9. Yvonne Smith

Hope you get everything working like it should, soon, @Marci Miller . In the meantime, just take care of yourself and do the best that you can . Sending hugs and prayers for good results with the difficulties you are going through.

Marci Miller likes this.
  10. Steve Pecos

Steve Pecos Active Member
    Registered

I hope that you start feeling better quickly.
    You have a great weekend as well my friend.

11. Marci Miller

Registered

Morning. Sorta. LOL!

I seem to be having all kinds of problems with equipment lately. I haven't used my DVD player in a while and it doesn't work anymore. Not sure why cuz it was brand new before the pandemic and it worked fine when I used it last. I tell ya if it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all.

Beth Gallagher and Bill Boggs like this.
  12. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Your DVD got sick.

13. Marci Miller

Registered

Could be.

14. Marci Miller

Registered

I'm off to another fun filled day at work. Oh boy! :rolleyes:

Beth Gallagher and Yvonne Smith like this.
  15. Marci Miller

Registered

Got my computer today so I spent most of the day setting it up and getting familiar with it. I can still watch Hulu on it so I'm keeping my subscription to that. The graphics aren't as good on here but that's ok. As long as I can see what's happening it's all good. Goodnight all.