Zumba As The New Aerobics

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Corie Henson, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I think zumba is a kind of dance. But mention it and everybody here would understand simply because it is the current craze of exercise. I have several friends who are zumba adherents They would be in the park in the early morning with their music player (sometimes it's a tape recorder but normally it is a tablet connected to a portable speaker). They play latin music and dance after the steps of the zumba master who is positioned in front. As I see it, zumba is the modern aerobics.

My husband's cousin is also fond of zumba. She says that rirst is the exercise and second is the social factor. She gains many friends among her zumba colleagues and even after the zumba session that usually ends at 7am, they still hang out in the village park for casual socializing. Maybe in the future, I would be part of that group.

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

It's a great exercise with a social aspect attached to it, and the ideal exercise if you enjoy dancing too... It's been a craze here for about 10 years now, but I think it's starting to lose it's appeal

3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I've been to a Zumba class with my daughter probably about 8 years ago, she did it a couple times a week
    But doesn't anymore.

It was very popular like Holly says maybe around 10 years ago but not so much now. My daughter just runs a few times a week and does an occasional hike.

4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh to Zumba - Oh to Rumba - Oh to Samba .............Can only imagine now .....................:rolleyes:

Holly Saunders likes this.