Zika Virus

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Martin Alonzo, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

W.H.O. is "out to lunch".
    Frank

2. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

When we deployed for the Gulf War, we were given a few "Experimental" drugs and shots.
    Not my words, CDC called them 'experimental'.
    Most of us didn't continue to take the 'Malaria Pills' after a few days.

When I look at my old shot record, it can be depressing.
    Yellow Fever, Plague, Anthrax, Typhoid, Cholera and the standard fare Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Polio, Tetanus-diphtheria
    you get in Basic Training.

I get my flu shot every year.
    I figure " What the Hell, how much harm can THAT do ".

3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Tim Burr I got the flu almost without fail every year, sometimes real bad, after I turned 50 or so. Took my Principal's advice the year I taught Math in 2002-'03, got my first flu shot the following Fall. Every year since, no flu. It works for me!
    Frank

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  4. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Unintended consequences are sometimes worse than the original problem. This all out ground and aerial spraying to kill mosquitoes will also kill bees and other insects. Bees are already in serious decline and they are needed to pollinate crops so you can have fruits and vegetables.

Frank Sanoica and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think it's very important to some people that they keep us scared. Scared of terrorists. Scared of pandemics and epidemics. Scared of the food we eat. Scare of anyone who looks different than we do. Scared of people who are in other political parties or religions. Why? I don't know for sure. Perhaps so that we're not surprised when they manage to come up with something that will be successful at killing three fourths of us.

7. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Ken I think that is the plan

8. Martin Alonzo

Registered

A rant from the health nut

9. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

What a coincidence. We have a trip to Singapore in the last week of October followed by a short vacation in Davao (southern province). Guess what? There is a prevalence of zika virus cases that the Singapore health department has issued a warning to the public. Although zika is not that fatal like ebola, it is still a disease that should be avoided. We are hoping that the epidemic in Singapore will be contained before our planned vacation.

With Davao, there was a bomb explosion the other day that killed 14 people and injured 71 persons. Until now the culprits are still being hunted although the authorities have no suspects yet. However, the Abu Sayyaf, a kidnapping group claimed responsibility for the bomb blast. Like the case of Singapore, we are also hoping that Davao will be peaceful again by the time we got there in the first week of November.

10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I just watched a video with an interesting explanation about the correlation of mosquitoes, zika virus, and the cause of the birth defects.
    Here is his basic theory, which he supports with information that indeed makes this look plausible. He says that the genetically modified mosquitoes, which were first released in Brazil, have been modified to cause birth defects in mosquitoes.
    Think about this for just a moment !

The possibility that the mosquitoes are causing the birth defects actually makes more sense than the idea that an innocuous virus, not much worse than a normal influenza virus, has suddenly started deforming unborn babies after never having done that for around the last 50 years that we have known about zika.
    What is the likelihood that the scientists who developed this genetically modified virus actually tested it on a pregnant human female (or maybe not on any female of any species) before they released them to create birth defects in mosquitoes ?
    I am guessing that they didn't test this on anyone by letting one of the mosquitoes bite them, and now they are discovering the truth, but keeping that hidden, and saying that it is the zika virus suddenly causing birth defects.
    PS the cat lovers in the forum will like this guy right away....

11. Daniel Milner

Daniel Milner Veteran Member
    Registered

Zikа is а mеmbеr оf а grоup оf virusеs thаt hаs bееn plаying hаvос with humаnity fоr quitе sоmе timе nоw. аs thе nеwеst mеmbеr, hоpеfully it mаkеs us wаkе up tо thе rеаlity thеsе virusеs аrе sprеаd by pеоplе, аnd оnly mаintаinеd by thе mоsquitо pоpulаtiоn. Thаt’s right, this is а blооd bоrnе, sеxuаlly trаnsmittеd disеаsе, аnd аnyоnе whо еxpесts it tо stоp in thе trоpiсs is in fоr а rudе surprisе whеn bаbiеs in оmаhа аnd саnаdа соmе dоwn with miсrосеphаly thаt is linkеd tо Zikа.

12. Martin Alonzo

Registered

{Zika is а member of а group of viruses that has bееn playing hаvос with humanity} Yes one person in Puerto Rico and also one in Utah had died but no one asked their health condition before they were infected. These scare tactics from the WHO and CDC on the public without any definite proof only it maybe or we think it might be the only conclusion is to bring out another untested vaccine.
    There still is no proof that Zika has anything to do with microephaly but the chemicals related to controlling mosquitoes have been recognized by the WHO and CDC do cause microephaly.

Sheldon Scott likes this.