Youtube, A Wealth Of Information At Your Fingertips!

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Yvonne Smith, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Several times a week, but mostly when I am looking for a video of a song that I am listening to, so that I can post it in the thread about which song you're listening to. While I am listening to those songs, I am not usually listening to them on Youtube.

Bobby Cole and Holly Saunders like this.
  2. Betty Jones

Betty Jones Veteran Member
    Registered

i like going on you tube to go thru them old abanded houses--sometimes they get a little spooky

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes almost every day., I also have my own video channel,.. I don't like it when I hear they may start charging for the use of it... hope that doesn't happen....

Bobby Cole and Ken N Louis like this.
  4. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes....a lot. When my GD was about 9...I was wondering about how to do something but was at a loss for how to find out. Mamawa...do like I do...go to UTube...everything you ever wanted to know is on UTube...:)

5. Sir Walter Pasty

Sir Walter Pasty Veteran Member
    Registered

I use for watching videos and sometimes live streaming.BUCS supecrugby on a Wednesday evening here in Britain being one.Bobsleigh and Skeleton another.

Holly Saunders and Bobby Cole like this.
  6. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

Hardly. If at all, then occasionally for DIY.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It’s a lot easier to go to YouTube for instructions when I’m dealing with something mechanical instead of looking for a manual.

Other than the above, “TED talks” always has some type of lecture or symposium that might pique my interests and several major colleges and universities have free classes and lectures that I like to attend. MIT had a 6 part quantum physics class that kept me glued to the screen. I used my Ipad to take notes and watched the lectures on the Dell.

When I get a bit bored, there are also a lot of free full length movies that I have enjoyed. Most of them are older, such as a string of John Wayne movies like Rio Lobo, McClintock, etc., but there are times when watching something again is just as pleasurable as it was the first time.

8. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry I am a YT junky. I follow many people who keep me updated on what is going on in the world. The TV is never turned on and there is no local news papers here. I find that the whole world is waking around with their cell phones turn on just ready to get the next news scoop. Then they normally put it on YT or people will be doing live streams from some riot or protest and you can see what happened before the news media distorts it.

9. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

You betcha .. YouTube can be your friend in many ways. Hubby loves it for instructional videos and almost all things wildlife. I love it for instructional videos, funny videos, music and interviews.

I certainly has evolved into quite the easy access "library" of life !

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Not a lot, but enough. To see old Classic Rock bands playing, like Three Dog Night. Also for instructional purposes. But, almost didn't get my hip replacement done, when I watched a YouTube video of it being done.

11. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't personally use it much but Bubba loves watching videos on it. I have used it occasionally, for instance, to see how to clear a paper jam from my printer.

12. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This is exactly what i do as well, although now, I find that people are reporting from all over in the patriot/Trump groups that I belong to, so I check in with those fairly often each day, and usually more often than I check in with Youtube.
    Besides news and world information, I like watching videos about ancient history, pyramids, and some of the other old monuments that exist in this world and we don’t really understand what it all means, to this day.

I also like youtube for recipes, because you can actually watch the person make the food, and see what it looks like as it is cooking, and not just follow a list of ingredients from a recipe book.
    As everyone else has mentioned, there seems to be a video (or 100’s) on youtube for just about anything a person wants to know about, or find directions for, and I like the tutorials , too.

Don Alaska and Martin Alonzo like this.
  13. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I was able to see actual filming of 1953 & 1955 bases where I was stationed in Korea & French Morocco. I recognized buildings jet fighter and B 47 bombers that I worked on.

Bess Barber and Ken Anderson like this.
  14. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

Like some others, use it to figure out how to put something back together
    I've torn apart.

Sometimes I will upload a video from a trip to share with friends and family.
    Easier to upload and let them watch them when they want to.

Of course, music videos are the big driver for me.

( see how I used this thread to sneak in some vacation videos...:))

15. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, I find YouTube rewarding.

Hal (Check out that determined look in Barbie's eye! Jackie spars and Trixie observes.)
    009.JPG

Bess Barber likes this.