You're All Invited To A Thanksgiving Meal At Our Online Home

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Babs Hunt, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

log-cabin-by-the-lake.jpg Welcome to our online home. You all are invited to eat a Thanksgiving meal with us. We ask each of you to bring your favorite dish or dessert while we will provide all the turkey and ham you can eat. We also ask you to be able to share with us what you are most thankful for this year. So please post a picture or tell us what you will be bringing and share with us what you are giving thanks for this Thanksgiving.

th (46).jpg th (47).jpg Thanksgiving-Table.jpg

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My husband and I are most thankful for the blessing of all our Family members...but especially our new grandson Bennett James who came into our lives this year on Sept. 14th. And we are thankful for all that will join us here today to share in our favorite Holiday and share with us what they give special thanks for this year. :) Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

[​IMG]

We will bring some home made goodies Babs :)

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

At the end of the day we will gather around the fire pit and share a glass of wine and talk about the good old days and cherished memories in our lives. :)

fire-pit-outdoor-.jpg

5. Patsy Faye

Registered

Ooo loverly
    My Fabs is very good at playing the 'imaginary spoons' whilst I give a song, so we'll round the evening up with
    a rendition :p
    [​IMG]

6. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Good old fashioned Sherry Trifle. So big you can sit in it and eat your way out.

I am thankful for my family and friends who supported our move so far away from them all. My super friends of all nationalities I have met in the last two and a half years.

Plus the lovely online buddies. Bless you all xx mary_berrys_tipsy_trifle_21330_16x9.jpg

7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Even with the troubles this country is going through right now, it is still the best place in the world to live, and we are grateful for living here in America, and grateful for our home and all of the blessings that God has given us. There are just too many blessings to name, but for me, my family is always at the top of that list, and our health is close behind that.
    For the potluck, I am making my world-famous potato salad, served in my mom's old 1950's Melmac serving bowl.
    IMG_0095.JPG

8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

The really wonderful thing about the internet is that you can have the home of your dreams, in the place of your dreams, and friends and family no matter how far away can be at your home in the time it takes to type "I'm here!" There are no limitations because of physical problems and there is not anything you can not say or do. There are no relationship problems, and everyone who comes...comes because they want to share and care. And here is a safe place to do both. Here you are perfectly healthy and can eat and drink anything you want without having any problems doing this. I hope you'll join us for this very special Thanksgiving get together....where if you are brave enough to share yourself with others, you just may find we all have so much in common after all.

9. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith .... it is still the best place in the world to live"

But, a hasty conclusion, no? I hear there are better places, places where individual freedoms are considered much more sacrosanct than here. One such place is Czechoslovakia, according to one who migrated here while it was still Communist-dominated. He insists the folks there are today far "freer" than we: (he is a naturalized U.S. citizen, born in Bohemia).

Weighing personal freedom against governmental constraint is a very difficult proposition. What are "freedoms" elsewhere, which are restricted here? Unlimited gun ownership? No "war on drugs"? Limited taxation? German Autobahn: no speed limits? Arab Countries: unrestricted molestation of children? Middle-East: Opium Poppy production sustained and supported by Government?

Many U.S. Municipalities ban hanging clothes out to dry on clotheslines. Naperville, Illinois, notified my niece her clothes hanging outside were a citable act. That freaked me out. Would you care to live in such a restrictive place? Why in God's good earth name would legislators ever approve such laws?
    Because they, the law-makers, own securities interests in the companies which build and sell clothes dryers! Sound stupid and impossible? Give me more plausible reasons, then.

Explain how the "Grassy Knoll" in Dallas, having the absolutely best location and aiming-point from which to assassinate Kennedy, and containing a maze of storm-drains easily capable of hiding an assailant, could not be implicated in his death, given the fact that Oswald's feat was proven all but impossible by expert testimony. Ask who would benefit most from JFK's death. Ask whose contracting firm had built the grassy knoll years earlier, and knew and had exacting blueprints of it's surrounds. Ask whether use of it years later to kill a President, might possibly be traced back to it's owner-builder. Ask lastly, which one individual stood to gain the most from Kennedy's elimination.
    Frank

EDIT: Um.,,,...I may have gone off thread here. Admin delete, if need be.

10. Patsy Faye

Registered

11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

There's always something to be thankful for. :) Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  12. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

BELCH %! all done next dessert and football

[​IMG]

13. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I am bringing several bottles of Pinot Noir & Sauvignon Blanc (Napa Valley of course)

14. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

At the last minute I decided I felt like making a big batch of seafood dressing...so please feel free to dig in and enjoy! :)

th (50).jpg

15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks for bringing the wine @Ren Tanner. Now that I am finished getting everything ready, I'm going to relax and pour myself a glass. Anybody else ready?

th (51).jpg