Your Own Personal Touch to a Favorite Food

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Von Jones, Feb 4, 2015.

1. John Donovan

John Donovan Active Member
    Registered

I don't really cook a lot, but whenever I make the mistake of taking up the food making, my wife says that I add way too much salt. There you go, my own personal touch to food is a mistake. Damn, I'm good with cooking. I guess there is a reason why my wife doesn't let me cook too often. :p

2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

We have the same problem. I always go for salty taste so when I handle a dish, expect it to be slightly salty over the ordinary. It is ironic that I have kidney stones that are recurring. Oh, let's not talk of that, sorry.

My husband is the cook in the house but sometimes his taste also falters so he calls on me to have a taste of what he's cooking. And when I say it needs more salt, he would shake his head and say that's pretty good already. But in fairness to me, that salty taste freed me from the burden of cooking. Neat eh?

3. John Donovan

John Donovan Active Member
    Registered

Well, I am certainly glad I'm not the only one, or that my "personal touch" isn't THAT personal, haha. I guess that a bit of extra salt is better than not having the food be salty enough, even if you can just shake some salt on top after the dish is done. :p

Corie Henson likes this.
  4. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I have to confess that I tend to go a bit mad with garlic. I made potato pancakes yesterday with loads of garlic, but it does mean that our house remains free of vampires.

Ike Willis likes this.
  5. Helene Lawson

Helene Lawson Active Member
    Registered

I remember doing different recipes from cookbooks (well I still do, when I have the time), but I always added my own personal touch and swap the used products a little bit. ;)

6. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I like to sprinkle instant coffee granules over vanilla ice cream and sometimes on chocolate ice cream.