Your Astrological Sign Might Have Just Been Changed By N A S A

Discussion in 'Science & Nature' started by Yvonne Smith, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I just read an article that NASA has determined that there are actually 13 constellations that the sun moves through during the year, rather than the 12 that we are used to seeing used for the astrological signs.
    Apparently, the thirteenth constellation is some kind of a reptilian snake-handler, or something similar, from the looks of the pictures they posted for this constellation, which is named Ophiuchus. (Maybe this is where your reptilian alien abductions are coming from, @Joe Riley ?)
    When they add this constellation into the mix, then each astrological group has a shorter time period, and some of the people will end up in a different astrological sign then we thought we were all of this time.
    I have gone from being a Capricorn to a Sagittarius , and Bobby has now become the Capricorn of the family. Neither of us are enthused about this change, and we both thought we "fit" in the astrological sign which we were originally assigned to.
    We don't really pay much attention to astrology, but like most everyone probably has done, we have read the information that they say comes with our sign, and decided that at least parts of it fit with what we think about our personality.

https://sputniknews.com/world/20160929/1045814044/astrological-signs-nasa-ophiuchus.html

Bobby Cole and Joe Riley like this.
  2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

NASA’s recent announcement that there is actually a 13th zodiac sign, changing the dates of the other 12 astrological signs, has many people a bit freaked out. But astrologers and astronomers alike say you can relax, pointing out that the supposedly new constellation Ophiuchus was actually discovered thousands of years ago. NBC’s Jo Ling Kent reports for TODAY.

We can relax......yeah!

3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Well I'm still an Aries. But the dates are confusing. Pisces ends with April 18 and Aries begins with April 18.

My bday is April 18...am I both?

4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

That would definitely create a stir especially for the believers of horoscope. If what NASA had said is true then it is painful to realize that the zodiac signs were wrong all along.

Pardon me but I'm not much for horoscopes because I don't believe that the population of the earth is divided into 12 categories only in terms of personality and characteristics, fate and destiny. The usual rebuttal is what if a boxing match is between 2 guys who were born on the same date and the same hour? That may be a paradox of sorts for the horoscope makers.

5. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I saw that stuff on TV about the zodiac being changed, and I don't think being a Libra suits me. I have looked my personality characteristics and they fit perfectly with Scorpio. I am not balanced enough to be a Libra. Jeesh, we have had the same star signs forever, why decide to change them now? What's wrong with going by the Mayan calendar" Itisnot that I am a big believer in starsigns but I do see commonalities in peple born under the same sign.

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

7. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

"The Babylonians lived over 3,000 years ago. They divided the zodiac into 12 equal parts – like cutting a pizza into 12 equal slices. They picked 12 constellations in the zodiac, one for each of the 12 “slices.” So, as Earth orbits the sun, the sun would appear to pass through each of the 12 parts of the zodiac. Since the Babylonians already had a 12-month calendar (based on the phases of the moon), each month got a slice of the zodiac all to itself.

But even according to the Babylonians’ own ancient stories, there were 13 constellations in the zodiac. So they picked one, Ophiuchus, to leave out. Even then, some of the chosen 12 didn’t fit neatly into their assigned slice of the pie and crossed over into the next one."

https://nasa.tumblr.com/post/150688852794/zodiac

When you think about it, stars that are light years away cannot have any bearing on one's daily life or personality. That's how I feel about it anyway.

Some strict Christians feel believing in the dictates and foretelling of one's horoscope is tantamount to believing in a false god. ( don't go driving today, significant number for you is 2 & etc.)''

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  8. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

From what I can remember, Taurus starts April 20th, so you're OK Chrissy :)

9. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Just another Baker's dozen! Sometimes, a doughnut is just a donut!

10. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

11. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Reach for the stars.....

[​IMG]

Bess Barber and Yvonne Smith like this.
  12. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

@Joe Riley The star shaped ones just aren't the same are they? :D

Joe Riley likes this.
  13. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Maybe we need a dougnut shaped planet?:D
    [​IMG]

Bess Barber and Yvonne Smith like this.
  14. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

@ Joe Riley That would just put a big hole into the flat earth theory. :)

Joe Riley and Yvonne Smith like this.
  15. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

tenor.gif

Bess Barber and Patsy Faye like this.