Younger Generation Complaints

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Has the younger generation ever complained to you about some things you do........like:
    Your driving skills?
    Your lack of computer skills?
    That you don't get around as fast as you use to?

Anything other complaints that you can think of?

Well, on a different forum, some young lad was discussing his "unluckiness" driving behind a 60's or older driver who couldn't figure out where they were in a rather large shopping area (outdoor mall). I told the dude, "give us older folks a break.........someday you'll be our age! Wife and I are in our 60's and sometimes get lost. We just don't think nearly as fast as you young folks do." To me, this guy is showing disrespect to elder's, but then again, anyone who is holding up traffic when trying to figure out where they are or looking for that certain store, can become a real "pain in the butt", to some drivers.
    Of course, I'm really wondering how he will reply to what I said.

2. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

I hear you Cody. One day I was driving with my son down a four-lane road (2 lanes on my side). Well there was no one coming or going for as far as we could see so I wasn't all that worried about staying within lines and was driving down the middle. My son says, "Mom. Share the road. Pick a lane.". I laughed at the way he said it and at the fact that it never occurred to me that it would bother anyone….let alone that I might get caught. I mean, it was there for the taking lol.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm not that old yet to be complained of slowness in action. But the younger ones would call my attention for my mental lapse like I had already asked that question and was given a good answer yesterday and today I'm asking the same question again. I have also noticed that I have that fauilt of not retaining recent memory. I don't know if there's something wrong with me but it's not only the children who notice that. My primary critic is my huisband who would tell me point blank that he had already answered the same question.

4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

For one, the tattoo. Having a tattoo used to be the exclusive domain of convicts because tattoos were made inside the prison so understandably for one to have a tattoo means he had been jailed. But now, the tattoo is being treated as a work of art and considered a fashion that the younger ones are sporting silly tattoos like a flower on the wrist or a star in the neck. My husband shakes his head on the issue to say that God has given them a good complexion only to be ruined by that silly tattoo.