You'll Never See These Cars Again

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Hal Pollner, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

The following cars are being phased out of production because of poor sales:

Dodge Viper
    VW Beetle
    Jeep Patriot
    Ford Focus
    Honda Accord Coupe
    Chevrolet SS
    Mitsubishi Lancer

Hal

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

We were just saying the other day that we're seeing very few VW beetles on the roads these days where not so long ago the vintage ones were very popular . I had a white VW beetle in the late 80's...

... we have a Vintage VW camper van which my o/h rebuilt from the bare bones, way back in the early 80's when it was already about 12 years old.. it's 47 years old now...and in super duper condition...

Von Jones and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Had they made the new VW Beetles more like the old ones, I think they'd have been more popular. The Focus has been one of Ford's highest selling models but they have ceased production anyhow because they are discontinuing their compact line, overall. Less than a year ago, they were saying that the Ford Focus was going to be an electric-only model, however.

4. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

The original VolksWagen "Beetle" was designed by Dr. Ferdinand Porsche, who was commissioned by Adolf Hitler to design an affordable car for Germany's working class.

Dr. Porsche's design was finalized in 1938, but was not mass-produced until after WW2.

Volks = People and Wagen = Car.

The Volkswagen was designed as Germany's "People's Car".

Hal

Holly Saunders likes this.
  5. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Being a Jeep lover I'm not surprised that the Patriot will be discontinued because it's to close to the design of the Grand Cherokee. This was my thought I shared with the salesmen when I worked at a dealership that stocked Jeeps.