Yard Photos

Discussion in 'Photos & Video' started by Ken Anderson, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

@Denise Happyfeet , Ooopsie! :D I wonder how he got out.

@Kate Ellery , luscious fruit. Can I come live with you? :D

@Frank Sanoica , if your nephew lives near Jacksonville,
    he is getting mostly rain or sleet.

We started with rain, freezing rain then turned to sleet overnight. Now it's snowing just as pretty as I have ever seen it. Pretty to look at but treacherous to be out in. Bubba and I did venture out long enough to throw a few snowballs.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

3. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Wow, it's so beautiful @Ken Anderson but if your anything like me, I get tired of "too long" seasons;) and shoveling too, LOL!

Ps is that little green thingy in case you guys can't quite make it to the indoor latrine?? :p

4. Denise Evans

Registered

Wow, talk about candy-apples, oops, I mean handy-apples;) That's my new medicine for heart-burn, and who knows what else it helps! Almost reach out your window and pluck one right off the tree!!

5. Denise Evans

Registered

Ice is the one thing I don't deal with well. I can drive in snow no problem but I fell 2 times on ice, nothing broke luckily, just my pride (which can always use breaking, LOL). Also just hated ending up facing the opposite direction I was going when I hit black ice one time;) What a ride, 7 vehicles coming over Santiam Pass, Oregon, and we all hit it together on the Central Oregon side of the mountains. Not one of us hit another car, or got hurt.

6. Denise Evans

Registered

Not sure where you are located @Frank Sanoica but I know it's Southwest. I got to go to Joshua Tree one time, Palm Springs etc. I loved the dessert down there. Maybe go again someday, especially like to visit Taos NM.

7. Denise Evans

Registered

Who got out?? Did I catch me one and then let him get away?? LOL:)

8. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Yep, Ken, that's Maine in the winter. And, to think, we've been making plans to leave Florida and moving back to Colorado in a year or so. Depending on finances that may be extended by a year. Use to have a house 28 miles south of Denver, in Parker. This time, when we move, it will be northwest of Denver, close to the foothills and some nice lakes for trout fishing/boating.

This coming weekend, we will have temps in the lower to upper 70's. When we move, we will miss this warm winter weather, but that's about it.

Ken Anderson and Denise Evans like this.
  9. Denise Evans

Registered

That sounds wonderful @Cody Fousnaugh, I would rather live in a place that has a little of all sorts of weather. I lived between Golden and Boulder in the mountains for a few months to help care for horses. It was lovely, but I would have rather been living in more flat areas, where I could "see" the mountains, just not live there, and have to haul horses down steep roads in a horse-trailer, LOL!

I loved both Wyoming and Colorado:):cool:

10. Ken Anderson

That's a nursery that lets us get a head start in setting plants outdoors. Still a bit early for that, though.

Denise Evans likes this.
  11. Denise Evans

Registered

I really did think that was what it might be;) I would love to have a green-house, be so fun to grow things even in harsh weather, but I guess you still need some sunshine. I so love your blue skies!! Never been to New England but maybe some day. I think I should wait til Summer, no wait, Spring or Fall in New England, yessss!!

12. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ken Anderson That beautiful blue sky rivals the sky equally in the Desert, where low humidity contributes to that phenomenon. Wondering if your R.H. was fairly low when pics taken.
    Frank

13. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks Ken you cured any home sickness that I might of had for going back to Canada

14. Ken Anderson

yard-021317-2800.jpg yard-021317-3800.jpg yard-021717-6800.jpg yard-021317-4800.jpg yard-021317-5800.jpg yard-021317-1800.jpg

I am running out of places to put the snow, and this latest snow is so powdery that it keeps collapsing in on me. We're supposed to get another storm Thursday.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  15. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'd just get supplies and sit it out...wait til some melts or hire a kid and supervise him.

It sure is pretty though. :)