Writing A Blog Or Posting In Forum

Discussion in 'Reading & Writing' started by Corie Henson, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

In terms of writing, which do you prefer to do, write blogs or posting in forum? I am a newbie in writing sites, blogs, forum and other earning sites. My only orientation is social media but not much because I am not an internet person. I am posting this thread to make a sort of survey because I see that internet users now (in my circle) are focused on earning money online. I feel that the true essence of writing is now gone and money has become the object.

Do you enjoy the forum or you enjoy more the blog?

2. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I prefer the forum posting to blogging. On the forum I can have more of a conversation with someone else where as blogging I have to ideas to write about that people might what to read.

3. Helene Lawson

Helene Lawson Veteran Member
    Registered

I enjoy interacting with others, so I would go with posting on different forums,
    but in the past I used to write blogs with my online friends and it was a great !

4. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I never write or read blogs.

5. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

I prefer joining forum communities. The involvement in conversations is wonderful for me. I feel freer to express thoughts and ideas, even controversial topics. Facebook has lost touch with me, except for sharing photos and relevant links that matter to me.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  6. Ruth Belena

Ruth Belena Veteran Member
    Registered

I enjoy participating in forums and I visit several forums every day to see what's new and to share my opinions. I also like writing blog posts for other people because they pay me for doing it. I prefer to write on a variety of topics, rather than having a blog which would restrict me to one niche subject. I not only write for blogs, I also get paid to write website content, reviews, ebooks etc.

Given the choice I would have to pick writing content for blogs over posting in forums, but I shall go on contributing to forums because I enjoy interacting with people around the world and I learn a lot from them.

7. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

I like to do forum posting as it comes naturally in a conversational way. Now, when it comes to blog posting, depends on the side you are in.

Being a blog owner, I may only enjoy the activity if I am knowledgeable on the topic or topics to be discussed because this makes easier to write articles and discuss on them with readers stopping by my blog.

However, being a blog commentator may be a tedious activity if you are not really interest on the topics, but have to do the commenting part of the game. Even though, posting on blogs of your specific interest can make it more delightful, but it has not the same flow that forum posting has for a reply, if ever comes any to your blog comment.

8. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I do both with limitations. I like to blog because it is a way to stimulate my brain, much as meditation does, yet I know my blogging is both useless and boring as far as content. I also enjoy forum participation on a limited basis. I realize I am not as social as i used to be.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  9. Helene Lawson

Helene Lawson Veteran Member
    Registered

Back a time ago , I would only write content on my blogs with all of my online friends, but now since I have less time for that I prefer writing on forums and iteracting with others.

10. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Never got into blogs nor do I read them. I just like to put down some of the things I have experienced or saw. By no means am I a polished writer. I make plenty of mistakes in punctuation, structure, etc. If I have a style it's just a simple, straightforward, storyteller style.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  11. Michelle Stevens

Michelle Stevens Veteran Member
    Registered

I'd love to write a blog, but I'm struggling to come up with an idea that I feel I could post about regularly. I used to be a regular contributor at Bubblews, but that was a lot easier because I could write about a variety of topics including things that happened during the course of a relatively ordinary day. But I've never been good at focusing on one topic over a long period. That's the advantages of posting in forums - I can write about all sorts of different things and I don't have to worry about writers' block.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  12. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I started blogging in 2007 due primarily to a blog I read for about three years. A lady had COPD and blogged about it. She blogged right up to the time she had to have a lung transplant or die, her University of Pennsylvania doctors told her. She agreed to the transplant, then reneged. She dies a few weeks later. I had COPD and started blogging about the stages you go through and the problems you have with the disease but eventually started writing about current events or other things that interested me. I use it now for mental stimulation and occasionally comment on something I feel strongly about.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    Michelle Stevens likes this.
  13. Jennifer Graves

Jennifer Graves Veteran Member
    Registered

I love to write anything, (as long as I'm free to express my opinion). I prefer blogs, though. I have complete and control over what I'm writing about. I want to start a blog, but more for the love of writing than money. I'm not going to kid myself and assume people are actually read what I write lol