Wow, Scary!

Discussion in 'Make Me Laugh' started by Diane Lane, May 18, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

If he did that to me, ain't no way I'd marry him. I'd be more likely to push him in front of a moving car. ;)

Diane Lane and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

OMG, that poor Girl...she almost had a heart attack....I would have.....jeez!!

Diane Lane likes this.
  4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

Aww, a bit different, but so sweet when it was all over and you knew it was just a unique way to propose. As for me I like a nice dinner, he'd pull out a jewelry box and ask me quietly if I'd marry him by candle light dinner. I like it to be a quiet romantic evening with love.

Diane Lane likes this.
  5. Diane Lane

Registered

Yes, I'm more into the romantic proposals than the pranks, but it was pretty ingenious how the police officer was worked into the ploy and pressed the ring box into his hand, and cool that the groom-to-be was able to entice one of his favorite singing groups to participate. I'd like to see that as widely shared as the anti-police rhetoric that's so prevalent these days.

6. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

Hahaha, yeah, I think, I would have slapped my new fiance...upside the head for that one! You really would not be in the mood to enjoy the proposal after than little stunt!
    At least I wouldn't be. I liked my friend's proposal better, it was on a private dock, during a private dinner in Belize. That must have been really idyllic. Needless to say, her new fiance is a big spender. I hope that doesn't come back to bite them!

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. Diane Lane

Registered

@K E Gordon Ooh, yes, financial issues are a major reason for marital strife and also for many divorces. It's difficult when you're involved with someone who has different spending habits than you, especially when there isn't enough money to support those habits, or even if there is, it can still lead to issues if the money is pooled. It seems more couples these days are choosing to keep their financial affairs separate, and will often pool a portion of the funds to pay for joint expenses such as housing, food and utilities.