Would You Be A Police Officer Today?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I have a GS that is a police officer, I try not to focus on the danger of his job. I could not do that job.

2. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, but they usually just went after their enemies and not innocent citizens and police officers.

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Since I've never had any interest in being a Police Officer...especially one who is out on patrol, etc. I can easily say that no I wouldn't want to be one now either. But I did have an interest in being a Detective or in doing something in Forensics when I was younger and those two areas still interest me. We have a good friend who is married to a Sheriff's Deputy in Jacksonville, FL and even though we all feel this is his calling...we pray that he is kept safe and that he might be called to something else before things get any worse.

I wish I knew the answer to what could be done to change things @Cody Fousnaugh....but evil has always existed and it's just going to get worse until God gets rid of the source of it once and for all time.

4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

You reminded me @Babs Hunt that I also would love to be a detective....one that solves crimes!!

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

How very, very true! (in red)

6. Nancy Johnson

Nancy Johnson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I'm not sure if it's worth the risk, to be honest. We need officers of the law of course, but I don't think I would be up for risking my life on a daily basis... Kudos to those that get up every morning and enforce the law!

7. Jim Nash

Jim Nash Veteran Member
    Registered

In Britain we do not have a police force they are all social workers. They have to show respect to low liferers, regardless if the crooks spit in their face. Year long investigations and prosecutions end up with suspended prison sentences. If an armed response policeman shoots an armed criminal, his career is on the line until and if he is cleared. When I see these armed policemen in town I feel sorry for them and appreciate what they are doing for us and no way would I be a policeman.