Would This Annoy You

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Kate Ellery, May 18, 2017.

1. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I live in a town of about 4.000 people ,however I'm down in the city at the moment and have been here for a week .
    One of the reasons for being here was medical appointments .

I had some time to spare before an appointment ,so i went into the city to update my iPad at Apple ,I then decided to catch a train to the nearby suburb to my medical app ,when I arrived at the train station I noticed I only had 3 minuites to get the train ,I was about to go through the turnstile where you zap your ticket and I was ordered to stand back to let two extremely overweight / very slow moving women through , who were still about 3/4 metres back from the area ( I was there and about to zap my ticket ) they were coming from the train platform area ......I was going to the train

That annoyed the crap,out of me , it meant I had to hurry to another turnstile,further down and run for the train which was on the last platform ...Luckly I just made it ...but I thought it was rude to order ME ..to move , to let the overweight women through , who would have been years younger than myself ,Luckly I keep myself as fit as I'm for 71 I was able to run to get the train ....it was a freezing day and it's cold in the train station ( which is in the city) and I didn't want to wait another half hour in the cold

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Yep, I'd be annoyed too..why he didn't just let you through is crazy....I don't get it.

3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't get it either - bloomin' annoying, I dread to think of my reaction :rolleyes:

4. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I didn't understand it either but ,if I stood and stated my case I would have missed the train ,I had plenty of time but as I said I didn't want to wait in the train station in the cold .

I meant to,say it's a wider than normal entrance/ exit I was going through ,and it's the only one the women would have fitted through ...so maybe the extreamely obese :( have more rights than me that's the impression I got ...:(:eek:

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  5. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

At one time if you were different than the majority you were ridiculed and sunned so people were compelled to be the same then came along the politico correctness to change all this. They said if you pointed out a difference you were a racist this covered things that had nothing to do with raise. It got to a point that being different was an advantage. Look at universities have to take in people who are not the most intelligent but are different. All workers for the government it is not the most qualified but you need to be of a racial minority. I worked in a factory where we had one person who was physical disabled and the union got him special parking closer to the factory in a short time they had fifty so when there is an advantage people are willing to be disabled if it helps them. Just look at all the cars with disabled sticker on their cars.

6. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

More like- very pissed.

Kate Ellery likes this.