Working On Any Projects Today?

Discussion in 'Hobbies & Crafts' started by Diana Kristof, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Diana Kristof

Diana Kristof Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, I never got around to starting that wrist rest. I guess I had more fun on my laptop too, @Chrissy Page because I ended up browsing patterns instead of crocheting. It tends to happen!

There are a lot of crafts that do seem to be purposeless in that way, but at the same time for some people it is a way to relax. And if you know people who appreciate the finished products, you can give them as gifts. But you do have to be careful with that. Some people wouldn't appreciate it at all. ;)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, if anyone I knew would really appreciate them I would consider it, but neither one of my children has the type
    Of decorating style that they could work a quilt into. It would be put away and kept after I died because I made it.

Or,they might just chuck it, lol. I could have made ones when the grandsons were babies but I probably didn't have the time or at least as much free time as I have now.

Only one I would have had the time would have been Liam and he will be 5 in September.

Diana Kristof likes this.
  3. Marilyn Pahl

Marilyn Pahl Veteran Member
    Registered

I needed something simple to work with for now. And found colored hemp used for macrame and a couple of easy patterns my boy's worked with in scouts. I'm not a collector or hoard, but this was a pleasant surprise. It was in a carpet bag we used for picnics, and zoo trips. The cheap clip boards, with the glued on cork was in tacked even the map pins. I sat down and made a couple of little turtles. The neighbor boy seen them and wanted to know if I could do it in school colors. Thinking to myself, Here we go again. My oldest boy would hear me say that and would say, Mom just opened a new can of worms:rolleyes:

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  4. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Marilyn Pahl likes this.
  5. Marilyn Pahl

Registered

Thank-You ....I've only been here a few hours now, and am finding how easy it is to navigate already. So tell me where's the coffee shop? If there isn't one that's alright. I'm elated with the many interesting topics.

6. Marilyn Pahl

Registered

Thank-You for your warm welcome. I've only been on today, and couldn't get over how simple to do quotes, replies, image picture. The other forum was so complicated. Even my youngest son who is a computer tech support person, couldn't figure it out. He kept mumbling, this isn't necessary. Then it was I'd look into another forum. I'm glad I did, I wouldn't have been in a lovely town. He is too:rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    Chrissy Cross and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

@Marilyn Pahl, welcome to the forum. Thanks for jumping right in. That's what we like to see.

8. Marilyn Pahl

Registered

Thank-You for the warm welcome. It's really been enjoyable. So many interests that have really jogged my memory, being able to share and find others with such fascinating lives.

9. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  10. Marilyn Pahl

Registered

I'm laughing and I'll take straight black coffee none of that fancy stuff. Good Morning to you, and have my coffee at my elbow. Gads going on noon. Then that would be, ice tea, "House Wine of the South." I like iced unsweetened black tea, with orange slice. Here's to a happy, and productive day. What's left of it.:)

Joe Riley likes this.
  11. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We are getting my Darth Vader Supreme costume ready. Only 2 months/a week until "Showtime"! Got this costume a few months ago, when it was on sale. It's as close to being the Darth Vader costume that was used in the movie as can be. Of course, at the same time, a costume this "realistic" cost. Chest Box and belt lights up and all armor is injected plastic. Wife done some sewing on her Female Storm Trooper outfit, but she has to see how it still fits. May have to get her a size bigger. One thing for sure, Vader can't be without a Storm Trooper by him. (LOL).

12. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Working on a latch hook project at the moment A prowling tiger.

I find it relaxes me. If I only do a few lines a day it seems to focus my mind.

13. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I could never get the hang of the latch hook. Maybe you can share a photo of your progress @Honey Gee.

I've been re-organizing the carriage house, again. I have before and after photos later.

Diane Lane likes this.
  14. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I used to do latch hook back in the day, one of the few crafts that I can actually do, although, I think I have kind of forgotten how now. I made a few projects back in the day though. Well, I have like a huge collection of wine corks that I want to use to make something, as there are a number of crafts you can make with them, but I am not sure I ever will, in fact, right now, I just have so many things I should be doing, that it is kind of last on the list.

15. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

OK, what is latch-hook? Some type of crocheting? My Grandma on my dad's side was always crocheting something, as was my own Mother, when I let her alone long enough, which certainly could not have been often. I remember my Grandma's fingertips as looking crooked, to my way of thinking, and wondering how she could so delicately manipulate that thin thread. Little did I know then, one of her crochet hooks I would modify the tip of, hammering it flat, like a tiny spade, the only shape & size tool I could imagine to use to force cotton under the corner of my ingrown toenail at 15. All attempts at cure by the foot doctor failed. But, he had told me of the cotton cure, but didn't explain how. Within weeks, I understood how this would work, and after suffering nearly a year, with monthly visits to the Dr., I resolved it. That's the crochet-hook story.
    Frank

Yvonne Smith likes this.