Women And Hats

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

But, I do make mistakes (as all of you already know )

....:D:D ..yep we do, I'm happy you know you do..too :D

Cody Fousnaugh likes this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Had to do a "like" for this post of yours. Guess you know me now.:D

Holly Saunders likes this.
  3. Alan Sidlo

Alan Sidlo Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I happen to wear a magical topper for winter and it's only because of a particular woman, by virtue of her overpowering hugs, that it has attained much of its character (small chips and cracks) as her exuberance has sent it aloft on more than one occasion. For the time being... knock on wood, it's survived.

As in most cases, I shall doff my hat in me ladies general direction.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Gone to cowboy churches?? I HAVE PREACHED COWBOY CHURCHES!! REAL cowboy churches! One was out during roundup outside of Patagonia, Arizona with REAL cowboys and not just a bunch of show time goat ropers.

Again, you are the one who knows nothing about what I or Yvonne has done so quit writing that neither one of us knows.
    Leaders lead and followers follow and from what I’ve read, you like to follow...........Nuff said.....permanently.

Holly Saunders and Mary Robi like this.
  5. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

I came to this post by the title...women and hats...I am a hat wearer. ...

but...alas this arguing in here over men removing hats..

has soured it

that's all

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

There's no need to fight about Cowboy Churches or wearing hats indoors. Cody is right, in that many of the Cowboy Churches do encourage people to keep their hats on. I don't attend a Cowboy Church but I watch some of the services through streaming television and they do wear their hats, including the preacher. However, that says nothing about whether this is appropriate or not. It's not all about that was then, and this is today because the men in most congregations remove their hats in church today, and there are a lot of churches in which women will cover their heads. That seemed to be important to the Apostle Paul, so there are biblical references for it.

Faye Fox and Cody Fousnaugh like this.
  7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I wouldn't say "show time goat ropers" to any steer wrestler in pro rodeo. They don't take too kindly to insults! Actually, I really like to see you, face-to-face, tell our cowboy church pastor that his cowboy church service isn't real. I'm sure he'd have a heart-to-heart talk with you......privately in his office. Sorry, Bobby, YOU are the one doing all of the insults!!

I do respect your information, however, You wear your hat where and when you want to, but leave the rest of us alone. How about that?

Hope you read/have read Ken's post on this page.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Thing is, people have different opinions about most everything today, from the word "respect" and "consideration" to "correct etiquette". Different opinions is what makes a forum quite interesting. Really.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

THANK YOU, Ken!!

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Just to let you know, from the other forum I'm now a part of, the somewhat new western hat look is coming from a company called Great Basin Flat Hatters. The hats have become more popular with young ladies, young enough to be my granddaughter or daughter, than the traditional Resistol or Rodeo King hats are. I looked the company up online and, my opinion...…….well, better keep that to myself (LOL).

Actually, a ongoing Boot Barn ad shows a young lady wearing one of these. The hat reminds me of the old movie Billy Jack starring Tom Laughlin.

11. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh Visit the Best of the Old West Hats online site. Many of the "new" western fashion lady hat styles are just remakes of the old west classics. I still love my unshaped low crown, small brim felt hat. I tell the young ladies that love it, that it is just a copy of a popular old west ladies hat.

12. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

What other forum?... are you cheating on us with another forum behind our backs? ;):oops:

13. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes Maam! My family all wore hats when outside, but inside the hats came off! NO EXCEPTIONS!

Yvonne Smith and Ken Anderson like this.
  14. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

That is the key word, Faye, "fashion". As for wife, she will stick with her Rodeo Felt Cattleman Western hat, aka a George Strait style hat. Her straws are the same.

Faye Fox likes this.
  15. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Yep! Churches can do as they like. Todays Cowboy churches are defined as such by the way the members dress. Take away the stereotypical "cowboy" dress and they don't differ that much from any other basic Christian church. I remember one year when helping neighbors on a 4 day roundup, we camped on top of a mountain. Sunday morning sitting around a campfire, one cowboy took off his hat and begin to sing Amazing Grace. We all took off our hats and sang along. With hats off we all gave a short talk about what grace meant to us. A few of us expressed our feelings in cowboy poetry. That was the only cowboy church that was real to me. It is not about what is on your head, but what is in your heart. That came from my American Indian Great Grandparents. As far as the Apostle Paul's opinion, it was based on the eastern tradition and a head covering was a SCARF and never a hat. My mother believed her uncut hair was a bibical head covering, but always wore a scarf to a Christian church to make sure, NEVER a hat!

Yvonne Smith likes this.