Wish I'd Thought Of This 7 Years Ago

Discussion in 'Money & Finances' started by Sheldon Scott, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I should have invested heavily in firearms companys. Gun sales have soared since Obama became president. There is a sharp rise in sales every time he speaks. Too late now though as the stock price of most gun manufacturers is at or near all time highs.

2. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I was saying this the other day. I really wonder if has stock in firearms and ammunition manufacturing companies and is doing it to drive up his stock? Otherwise, it makes no sense...unless he's not as intelligent as people claim.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

IMO, gun sales have soared due to so much crime. Home invasions is a major one.

4. Arlene Richards

Arlene Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

:rolleyes: Oh puhleeze, I see no correlation at all between Obama being President and gun sales. None. For those who do, could you post some stats and also the reason that you seem to be blaming President Obama for the gun sales? If you don't like Obama, fine, but your logic - such as it is - makes no sense.

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Blaming for guns sales? Why wouldn't he be credited for gun sales? Gun sales are a good thing. They boost our economy and help to keep us safe.

Bloomberg is a raving liberal and gun banner, yet even his rag points out that gun sales have soared during the Obama presidency.

From: Record U.S. Gun Production as Obama Demonized on Issue

Or look at CNN, another liberal media group: Obama's Reelection Drives Gun Sales

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    Sheldon Scott likes this.
  6. Arlene Richards

Registered

@Ken Anderson - what about tooth decay/cavities and pit bull attacks? Is Obama also responsible for those? Just want to make sure I understand....anything negative that has happened to anyone since 2009 is Obama's fault, right?

7. Ken Anderson

Facts are facts, and they are what they are. You may choose to believe that it is wrong for people to own guns but those who disagree with you will buy them when they fear that their right to do so may be threatened, and that is indeed what has caused guns and ammunition sales to soar. I have bought two myself in the past few months, am thinking about another, and I don't even hunt, and I live in area where we have very little crime. On top of gun sales in the past seven months, more and more people are learning how to manufacture their own firearms and ammunition.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    Sheldon Scott and Yvonne Smith like this.
  8. Arlene Richards

Registered

9. Ken Anderson

You can blame him for that if you want. I don't like the guy, so I'm surely not going to defend him.

Sheldon Scott and Yvonne Smith like this.
  10. Arlene Richards

Registered

o_OWow. Just......wow.

11. Arlene Richards

Registered

I didn't ask you to defend him, I didn't say you had to like him, and (as you know) I wasn't blaming him, Please don't try to twist my words. I asked you a simple question, which you chose not to answer. Fine.

12. Ken Anderson

I gave you links to two news stories, both published by media outlets who are supportive of President Obama. There are many more, and you can Google them if you'd like to add some facts to your opinions. In fact, I have been unable to find any other reasons to explain the sharp increase in the sale of guns and ammunition. Fear of terrorists in the United States might figure into it, but that's an Obama thing too.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  13. Arlene Richards

Registered

Well, Ken, the links were not relevant to what I asked. But, that's okay. Never mind. As far as terrorists, on 9/11/2001 Bush (not Obama) was the President. And for many years Bush promised to "get Osama" but failed. Obama succeeded. ;)

14. Ken Anderson

Obama is the one who wants to bring them here. As for the rest, seemingly the only thing that would be "relevant" to you would be something that wouldn't have any truth behind it. Sorry, but I can't produce that.

Diane Lane and Sheldon Scott like this.
  15. Arlene Richards

Registered

;)uh ....yeah. Okay. But all that doesn't change the truth and the fact that Bush failed to "get Osama Bin Laden".