Windows 10 Upgrade

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by K E Gordon, May 21, 2016.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Windows 10 just had a major update yesterday. I think it's the first "major" one since Windows 10 came out last year in July. It took almost an hour and a half for the updates to do. Actually, I can see the improvements that the Windows 10 updates done. Pretty impressive!

Now that I've been using Windows 10 for a couple of weeks, I think it is better than any previous Windows was.

Have the microphone now and being able to do "voice commands", instead of typing everything, is pretty cool also.

2. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

Computer is doing the update now, so switched to my tablet.
    This should be fun; the keyboard built into the case works when it wants to.:rolleyes:

3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Windows 10 Is Spyware

We were turned off by Microsoft's aggressive pushing of Win 10 and have kept our Win 8 & Win 7.

4. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I just switched to windows 10, can't tell much difference, but my knowledge of computers is sorely lacking.

Joe Riley likes this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Believe me, from using different Windows ('95, '98, 2000, XP and 7), Windows 10 is the very best! And, there are definitely some differences from the old Windows and now Windows 10.

One thing I'm not, "sorely lacking knowledge of computers" and neither is my wife.

6. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

Did the update on the 20th of July and thought I'd post how things are now. Didn't notice a lot of difference, but did move a couple of things to their proper place ( I guess ). I like Windows 10.

On a side note, the google keyboard on my tablet started acting up, with disappearing letters and such.
    messed around with it for awhile, then just downloaded 'swiftkey' app and everything back working.

Edit: Boy, I meant to type I downloaded it on the 3rd of August. Date I typed is my 'Join Date'.
    I'm not getting OLD...no sir!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    Joe Riley likes this.
  7. Bea Long

Bea Long Veteran Member
    Registered

I love windows 10 and would say go for it.... as far as your limit, now a days you should be able to find an internet service provider with unlimited at a reasonable price.

Joe Riley likes this.
  8. Sandy Wood

Sandy Wood Veteran Member
    Registered

One more thing to mention a friend of mine upgraded his touch screen Windows 8.1, to Windows 10. Wouldn't you know it 10 does not allow use of a touch screen, basically making his all in one computer useless. It is past the time to revert back to 8.1, so his only choice is to buy a program for $160, to be able to use the touch screen.
    Has anyone else had this problem?

One other thing I forgot to mention in addition to the listed update numbers check or I should say uncheck any updates that mention Windows 10 or a 32 bit, as these ones are for Windows 10.

9. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I haven't been here lately because I am getting acclimated to working with Windows 10 on my new computer I received for my birthday. My attempts with Windows 7 on my primary computer kept shutting down on me.

The most frustrating thing is trying to figure out 'how-to' do stuff and where I can find it so I've been using search at the Start button. I had been trying to get my new profile picture (the first for 2022) loaded on here, edited and uploaded here since my birthday :confused:.

10. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Hope it isn't something else to learn! I don't like Windows 10 so far. I just got it when changed laptops. I like Windows 7.

11. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Brace yourself... it's try and try multiple times again for me.o_O

Marie Mallery likes this.
  12. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Von I keep trying and it is getting better,Thank you for encouragement.

Von Jones likes this.
  13. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Your new avatar is really nice!
    I HATE the stress of technology. My daughter said to just 'play with' the stuff on my phone. Dialing is good enough and then I learned texting. Plenty for me.
    On my compute, email and coming here is good. Although I do check the weather and youtube.;)
    I still say, I will deal with technology when it works like the Starship Enterprise.
    Computer! Do what I want! (not necessarily what I say:oops:)

Von Jones likes this.
  14. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I do a lot with videos and photos of family especially my grandbabies. I want to be just as good on Windows 10 as I was on Windows 7... but I feel it's going to take awhile just from getting my avatar together.

Ken Anderson and Nancy Hart like this.
  15. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

It seems to me Windows 10 is geared more toward touch screen. If you fool around with your settings long enough, you can get it to behave a lot like Windows 7. I think. I've forgotten what Win7 was like, but I know I liked it.

Marie Mallery and Von Jones like this.