Will The Police Ever Learn? Apparently Not

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Trevalius Guyus, Jul 3, 2022.

1. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

Every few months, another news item pops up about police officers being killed while serving a warrant. They are all almost carbon copy items: Guy had a domestic disturbance incident going on at a home, gal files for a protective order, guy violates the same, police come to serve a warrant for his arrest, at a place where he's staying. STOP!!!

What is wrong with the above scenario? These police are going to confront the perp at a place where he feels comfortable, a place where he knows the layout far better than those coming to arrest him.

The EASY solution: OK, obviously, the police know where the guy is staying. They know his comings and goings. So.... you stake out the property, you wait for the guy to leave, you follow him, and then you either stop him at a roadblock with a number of officers at the scene with drawn and aimed weapons, or you wait until he goes into someplace, you disable his vehicle, then you surprise him when he's coming back out.

Yeah, armchair quarterbacking is easy. I'm sure some former police officers in here will poke holes in my solutions. Thing is, we will all keep reading news items like the following until this whole routine of serving warrants at homes is stopped.

https://news.yahoo.com/2-kentucky-police-officers-dead-181558694.html

2. Ron Beforee

Ron Beforee Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Where would you suggest they serve it ? Home is [as you pointed out] the most likely place they can find him.

My question is .... as opposed to asking when will the police learn ..... when will these buttheads learn ? First & foremost , don't attack the wife ! Second, most every adult IMO knows when they have broken the law, any law .... fess-up, surrender when the police arrive .

Teresa Levitt likes this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Boy does every officer wish this.........every single one! Then again, the thinking is more of "wishful thinking" than reality.

4. Ron Beforee

Registered

But it doesn't have to be just wishful thinking . IMO , make the first offence a more severe sentence , no pleading down, no lenience . When the police shoot a suspect ...... back them, give them our support, as opposed to defending the suspect ..... If they do not want a negative interaction with the police ......... first just behave, obey the law.....second if you are a suspect in a crime surrender to the arrest , don't fight , don't run ......... it really is that simple.

I have no use or pity for criminals .

Teresa Levitt likes this.
  5. Trevalius Guyus

Registered

Read my op, before you reply to it. Your question is answered, and answering it was the main thrust of my op.

6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

[Some] cops wanna get their SWAT on.

Trevalius Guyus likes this.
  7. Bruce Andrew

Bruce Andrew Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Well sure, everybody knows that, but the political winds favor criminals now, especially violent criminals. They have political cover, granted to them by the left.

Teresa Levitt and Ed Wilson like this.
  8. Ron Beforee

Registered

Well ...... I have already replied so ......... And I do not see where my question was answered , but that's not worth arguing/debating ..... I do agree with your remark about the influence of the left.

9. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I have said it before. We don't need any more laws. Hate crime? It is merely a crime! no matter what color or sexual orientation you are. We need strict ENFORCEMENT of the laws. We have plenty of gun laws and lots of shootings today. Maybe a little more training for the police.

10. Ron Beforee

Registered

I agree ! And IMO the hate crime thing all started just to please the minorities so that they can feel they are special, and have their special law.

I feel all the minorities / special interest groups should just be ignored ........ and we go back to all of us living under the same rights , and the same laws.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  11. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It would be nice if there were enough policemen on duty who have the time to stake out and await for an opportune time in which to serve a warrant for the apprehension of a known criminal. Sadly, that’s just not the case in most precincts especially in a day when the left is constantly yelling about defunding those same short handed precincts.

And it would also be nice if everyone who breaks the law would simply go to the police station and admit their guilt or when caught in an act would hold their hands up and submit to being cuffed.
    First timers are one thing but In short, criminals with long records do what criminals do.

Mary Stetler and Beth Gallagher like this.
  12. Trevalius Guyus

Registered

I guess you're reading a different post than mine. Yeah, let's move on.......

13. Ron Beforee

Registered

No, I read your Op, and my question was not answered or addressed.

Did you read my question ?

14. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

While this doesn't necessarily relate to the OP, it does relate to the thread title and, since it hasn't been posted to in more than half a year, I'll use this rather than create a new thread for a video embed.

The police do not always make sensible decisions.