Will Corona Virus Destroy Capitalism

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Jim Nash, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Jim Nash

Jim Nash Veteran Member
    Registered

We are seeing the unacceptable side of democracy within society. Pubs and clubs remain open but people are told not to use them. In London they are still full. Supermarkets are raided by greedy hoarders without restraint. Western governments are finding it difficult to convince people of the gravity they face because society has been replaced by personal greed. It's such a pity because the horror of autocratic rule cannot be imagined in the west. I sincerely hope that things will return to normal but I fear this is a revolution that might change all our futures.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I believe that this WILL change all of our futures, but that we will be better afterwards. Here, where we live, I have not really seen much difference in how people are behaving, at least now that the maniacal craze for buying up all the toilet paper has subsided.
    President Trump is enacting new guidelines that will help all of Americans, and if he does the re-set for our monetary system back to the gold-backed standard that we once had , then that should help a whole lot.

There are fewer cars on the streets because people are working from home, but I think that is (overall) a good thing, and maybe something that businesses will consider doing even after this re-set has happened. Most of the crowding in stores here is over, and shopping is pretty much back to normal again, and gas prices are dropping every day, thanks to President Trump buying all of the barrels of oil when the Saudi’s were trying to crash the market.

Since very few people are actually getting sick and dying from the virus, and for some interesting reason, it seems to be attracted to the pedophile celebrities, or other undesirables, the virus itself is not actually much of an inconvenience either.

8BAE5587-2833-4C10-87E7-327D59CDC75F.jpeg

Lois Winters likes this.
  3. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Hopefully, most people will take stock and re-assess their values in this life. I do not think it will impact the millennials, sadly. Perhaps subsequent generations will see that group for how selfish they are.

Tom Galty likes this.
  4. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

The virus will not destroy capitalism nor will it have a lasting effect on society. It would take an entirely different impact to make that happen. An "episode" of just a few months is by far not enough to generate any substantial changes. As soon as things are back to "normal" people will fall back into their old habits which they will have missed for so long and that is consuming, consuming, consuming, which leads to destroying nature, yet not society or the political system.

This society has never been without personal greed. Personal greed, though not a very popular thought, is the very essence of capitalism.

5. Yvonne Smith

One thing that I believe that it will do here in the United States, is help to draw all people back together again. For a long time now, we have been inundated with words of hate for each other for race, gender, politics, and even our age.
    The stereotypes that we see pictured on facebook and the news do not represent us a a whole, and I think that this time of a common problem to be handled, is bringing everyone back together, or at least helping.
    The media still tries to throw out that R-word as often as possible, even when it is irrelevant and useless; but the country as a whole are pulling together, and supporting each other like we should.

The other thing that I am hoping for, is that this will also help people to see that we really DO have a president who cares about the people, even the ones who hate and mock him.
    He is trying his best to protect all of us, regardless of how people feel abut him personally.
    With everyone listening to a news media that does nothing 24/7 but degrade the president; it is no wonder that some people only believed what they are hearing constantly, and not looking to see what is or isn’t true.
    Now, even some of the most outspoken anti-Trump people are saying that he is doing a good job. I think that when he sends out checks to help working people get through this time of unemployment, many more people will be supporting our president.

(Had to throw in this little joke , though)
    F024519D-D19D-4F9E-8479-84704F2E9EE7.jpeg

Lois Winters and Craig Wilson like this.
  6. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

capitalism is saving us....cdc ...government ...couldnt manage testing...
    corporations refitting to make ventilators....masks...protective gear

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

No not capitalism.. but it may destroy communism.. Chinese communism. Chinese ideology instigated COVID -19 onto the Free World with its incompetence and secrecy. It has to date killed..no..exterminated some 10,000 innocent people. It has smashed strong economies and made ordinary people panic and hide. In short it has disrupted the normal smooth running of our lives. We know who to blame for this so do we here in the Free World dare to punish the perpetrator. What is your view?

Lois Winters and Frank Sanoica like this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

Who are you going to punish for this ?
    Certainly NOT the poor people of China, who suffered horribly through all of this, probably even worse than we actually heard about, if some of the pictures people shared were for real.
    It probably was not even the president of China who did this, although he would still have it on his shoulders, since he is the president.
    I think that prevention is the answer, not punishment.

9. Craig Wilson

Registered

No definitely not the innocent Chinese people. The powers that run the country and created the coverup. I am betting that your own President is either thinking of similar to what I wrote or actually planning it. Together with its allies and the European Union bring China to its knees economically and they may well renounce their insidious ideology and respect their people's human rights and allow them to live in freedom.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  10. Yvonne Smith

Interesting thing I ran across on facebook. Not sure if this was really one of his predictions, but interesting if it was true.

D7B3422B-FAD3-48A6-BFC2-CDC327FB42F7.jpeg

Craig Wilson likes this.
  11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

On the subject of China, I think that the United States would be in its right to consider its financial debt to China to have been paid, as reparations for this virus.

Lois Winters likes this.
  12. Jim Nash

Jim Nash Veteran Member
    Registered

It is inevitable that capitalism will survive and thrive because we are all capitalists at heart. It started when man fought each other for family food. Now thousands of years later our shops are being stripped as history repeats itself. Shops will not restrict sales unless they are ordered to do so. We saw a front line nurse coming of duty to find no food in the supermarket and she was back on duty that evening. The wealthy are chartering private jets to take them to world safety spots. If I was wealthy I would join them. I watch children in South America scavenging on waste tips to survive in squalor but I know if the worlds wealth was distributed evenly I would be reduced to poverty.Almost everything I buy cheaply is produced using slave labour in the Far East but I don't search out goods made in the UK. So if I survive the plague no doubt I will breathe a sigh of relief and live the few years left feeling slightly guilty. As a saving grace I feel sanctimonious not hoarding food during the Corona disaster.
    Even during WW2 with our frugal rations. spivs dodging conscription provided anything you wanted at a price.

Lois Winters likes this.
  13. Craig Wilson

Registered

Here's a summary of the new products that some companies are now moving to manufacture in the wake of the COVID-19 Pandemic:

• H&M, the world's second-biggest fashion retailer, will make personal protective equipment for hospitals in the EU, after discussions with the bloc. Protective masks are the main priority, but gowns and gloves are also badly needed.
    • High-end fashion labels Saint Laurent and Balenciaga will start making face masks, said French parent group Kering.
    • Inditex, which owns the Zara brand, offered to make hospital gowns for hospitals in Spain and also make its logistics and supplier network available to help meet the country's needs for protective masks, gloves, goggles and caps.
    • UK-based McLaren Group Ltd., known for producing luxury sports cars, is looking at how to design a simple version of a ventilator. The British government said it has increased its stocks to about 8,000 ventilators.
    • Rum producer Bacardi said its Puerto Rico-based distillery has shifted to making ethanol needed to produce hand sanitizer.
    • Germany-based Beiersdorf, known for skin care products such as the Nivea and Coppertone brands, is preparing to make medical disinfectants in Europe for hospitals, police and firefighters.
    • French cosmetics giant L'Oreal says it is making sanitizer gel.
    Companies that already produce medical supplies are also looking to ramp-up production:

• Swiss-based Hamilton Medical AG, expects to increase production to about 21,000 ventilators this year.
    • Dutch health technology company Philips is aiming to double its production of hospital ventilators within the next eight weeks and achieve a four-fold increase by the third quarter of this year. Despite this, the company says it is expecting the COVID-19 outbreak to impact profits.
    • Australian sleep disorder company ResMed has had orders from the Australian Government for thousands more ventilators.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    Hedi Mitchell and Lois Winters like this.
  14. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

I think just the fact that the virus has taken so many lives of the Chinese is punishment in and of itself. If this is not a man made virus, but one that has arisen from another mutation, no one can be punished. A vaccine by the way as some think, is not a cure. It is merely a preventative. If one has the virus a vaccine will do nothing to cure it. We can only treat the symptoms as each on arises and hope that works. This should slow down soon.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  15. Yvonne Smith

Here is the latest update on the President’s stimulus plan, when it should happen, and how much they want to give people.
    I think that this is just the part that goes to the American people, plus there will be money given to small businesses to help them be able to keep their employees on the payroll until they can go back to work.
    People who have been against our president (thanks to the MSM fake news) are now starting to see that our president does care about all of us, and not what they are being told.
    Once they start receiving their checks, even more of them will wake up and see the truth. Of course, I am sure that snake/Pelosi will try to take the credit for this, and AOC is already crying because it is for citizens and not for the illegals.
    Since most of them work “under the table”, they will probably still have their jobs anyway.

https://trendingpolitics.com/this-is-when-you-ll-receive-your-stimulus-check/

Lois Winters likes this.