Will Be Moving Again

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Feb 28, 2022.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I'm not suggesting you break your lease, I just threw out the idea that they may let you out of it if you find a place to your liking and want to move during the nice weather. You might not necessarily be boxed in until next spring if you just ask the question.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Since most people, especially younger people with children in school, want to move during the summer when school is out and weather is nice, there is an excellent chance that Cody could get out of the lease at that time if he asks. I think that there will be a lot of people wanting to move in to the complex, so a good time for the managers to be able to re-rent the apartment immediately.

John Brunner likes this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Actually, Yvonne, I was told by our manager that there is a waiting list of people wanting to move in here. There would be no problem of us doing a month-to-month lease, for a few months, if need be.

And, Yvonne, from what we've seen since living here, very, very few school-age kids live here. I would definitely not call this a "family" complex.

4. Yvonne Smith

You just mentioned how many kids live in your complex, so how can there be more than anywhere else you have ever lived, but you see very few kids there ?

Our apartment complex has, for the 2 1/2 years we've lived here, always drawn young Millennials in with big dogs. We have never lived in a complex where there were so many young kids, let alone a city with so many. The city didn't use to be like this, but it sure is now.“

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Yovonne, young kids to me are Millennials and young Gen X. IOW, not grade school age kids here, but young adults that I, at age 72, would consider "kids". A lot of residents here that are in their 20's and early-to-mid 30's.

6. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Decided this was best area for my rant. Ten years ago we moved to this apt and planned on it being our last move.
    Between prices skyrocketing on any kind of rent, and prices on everything else in life going up we are will have to move. In fact we may break our lease in order to do so. We plan on moving 1 to 2 hours from here. Mark mentioned out of state but really do not want to go that far. Should of had @Martin Alonzo find us a place 5 years ago ;).
    My youngest daughter who is 51 and still has one 16 year old at home, are being forced to move by May 1st. Going from $1279 t0 $1700 at their apt place also. She finds a garage 2bdrm apt but is only 700 sq,but affordable for her. She has been waiting for days to get owner approval, with his knowledge knowing she was on a tight timeline. Has to move 5-1. He finally answered today and she has the small apt. However my daughter is a high anxiety freak and drove her mama to have an early drink thru all this whining, and talk of bridge jumping:(
    My step daughter moved last year to be closer to us, She has rented a 3 brd house that the set up was perfect for a roommate, and her 2 dogs. However the house continues to flood,and owners have told her no renewal for her, as they do not want to keep repairing the b
    house. She is going move in with the BF for awhile at least,also in May.
    Monday Mark got text from maintenance guy here at apts.that someone had hit his truck! Yes, some dirt bag,hit the truck we just paid off in Nov 2021- early !
    Ripped off front bumper, tags, busted light. It is now Thursday no word from insurance people. Not happy, will find new insurance carrier soon.
    All this time Mark has not said much about this possibility of being forced to move or anything really- until now. Yesterday he came faced to face with me and said- soon as this truck is fixed,we are gassing up and going in searach of a new place to move! I grinned, :DIam so ready

7. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Wow. When it rains, it pours.

So when you say you're planning on moving 1-2 hours away, is there a reason you chose that area other than "Further Away = Cheaper Rents"?

I recall the nightmares of renting. I once applied to rent a guest cottage I found in the newspaper, and the woman got my employer's name from the application and sent her nephew (living with her in the main house) there to apply for a job. As soon as he got hired, she told me I could have the place, and then the "You can take my nephew to & from work" pressure started. Long story short I told her I changed my mind, and had to take her to court to get my security deposit back...I got half of it.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

You do know that you posted this in my thread, right? Don't worry, I'm willing to share. LOL

We all already taking pictures off of our walls and packing them up and we still have a year left in our apartment.

Just remember, if you break the lease, it could affect your credit and reference to where ever you decide to move to.

We just signed a new lease that goes to April of 2023, but may have to go on a month-to-month rent, for a couple of months, before moving. April is still our winter/snow season and there's no way we could move during a snowstorm.

We have decided to move completely out of Colorado. Most likely, up to southeastern Wyoming. That would only be a 40 mile move for us, for we'd still have to use a Moving Company.

We thought, as you did, "this, hopefully, will be our last move", but it sure isn't turning out that way. Rent hike (too much) and living around a bunch of Millennials, like a college dorm, just isn't for us. My wife continues to work on her "at home" job during the week and I continue to pack up some things. Works out great.

Good Luck to you!

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  9. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh I am sorry, really did not think about it when I posted. They can move the post to another if need be. Yes i know all that about lease stuff but do not care really. Manager was willing to let us break before when we had all the upstairs problems going on... she can extend her offer maybe:)

10. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

@John Brunner 1. because we would fairly close to my doctors, I only have to see them once a year but least i would have access to them until new ones found. 2. We would not be too far from 2 daughters. However is set in stone on location. Really wish we could fins small old house with a beat up garage outback, that would be perfect.

John Brunner likes this.
  11. Yvonne Smith

“You do know that you posted this in my thread, right? Don't worry, I'm willing to share. LOL”

You need to decide whether you want people to post in your threads, or NOT post in your threads, @Cody Fousnaugh . First you complain about starting a thread, and it being ignored, and now you are complaining because someone IS posting in your thread.
    We are all supposed to somehow figure out if you want responses to your threads , or not ?

Beth Gallagher and Al Amoling like this.
  12. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  13. Yvonne Smith

He totally was just having fun, Heidi, and I am just having fun with him back. I just had to chuckle when I read his post, and make a response. It was only yesterday he was complaining that no one was writing on his threads.

14. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Thanks, Yvonne, for explaining my post to her. I was only kidding with her, but, with the situation going on that she has, kidding with her wasn't the right thing.
    Sorry, Hedi.

15. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Cody ..i am not upset at all. Even if you were not kidding. i do not get all bent out of shape over such things. :D