Wife Having A Terrible Time!

Discussion in 'Senior Employment' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

That's only for rank & file members, I'm a VP

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

All that coming from a guy who wrote LOOSE like a Chicago 1930’s ruffian instead of LOSE in reference to the half life of pharmaceuticals.

We all make mistakes and again, I’m willing to admit that Cody and his wife seem to be getting on fine even when all others including myself thought things would go awry.
    The way he spells nor the way he forms his sentences have any bearing on his and her failures nor successes.
    Heck, I knew some good shrimpers and oyster people in Louisiana who couldn’t read nor write a word but have millions in equipment and the same in their bank accounts.

Cody Fousnaugh and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Bingo ;)

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

How many times did our boat go out this summer? Well, not once. Last summer, she wasn't working and we took it out four times, but those times were all during the week. Weekend boating here can get very, very full. A lot of boats have EFI (electric fuel injection) to start them and they start fast. Ours has a carburetor, and if our boat sits too long in storage, it's pretty hard to start. It will eventually start, but definitely not as fast as the EFI boats.

We do both. Ride around the lake, at a rather fast speed, and fish. But, don't do both in the same day.

When we lived here before, we had a house and our old (sold now) boat was kept in our garage. I get up at 6AM on Saturday morning, while my wife still slept, hook up our Durango to the boat/trailer and then, go wake her up. We were headed to local lake at 7:30AM and on the water by 8:30AM fishing. That was back in 2004 thru 2007 summers. A lot more people live here now, with a lot more boats.

We still have a couple of weeks left in October to get it out, but after that, our snow season can start and boat ramp is closed for the season.

5. Lon Tanner

Registered

I thought it was something serious about your wife having a TERRIBLE TIME!!
    You are a ALARMIST!!

6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Lon, this thread was started in 2019. Your ability to think hasn’t been impaired has it?

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Lon, Bobby is correct. My thread was started in 2019. All I done was put an update to it. You do know what "update" means, right?

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  8. Lon Tanner

Registered

Be careful about the thing you dun, cause you dun wrong

Bobby Cole and Ruby Begonia like this.
  9. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Attached Files:

10. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Update Here: Wife is still doing her "at home" job. Started working January 2021 for a Temp Service in Chicago. The company she works for is on Florida's Gulf Coast, south of Tampa. Originally, the job was suppose to be only 3 months, but she is still working. They have been extending her each month and still are. IOW, this company has the profits to pay her nice salary, plus pay the Temp Service for her.

But, without any benefits, due to her higher salary, she doesn't get any kind of holiday, vacation pay or sick pay. But, for now, she is still working, and so am I with household chores and paying bills online.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  12. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Cody, they are saving tons of money by not having to pay her any benefits. Still, it's a win win situation ... she gets paid to work and they save money.

Don Alaska likes this.
  13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

She keeps getting extended each month. Now until the end of January (2023). That's fine with us, because we do very little during the winter here.

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  14. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, she has been working, in what was originally designated a "temp job for 3 months", for 2 1/2 years now. She has no benefits, but gets a pretty terrific weekly salary. She keeps getting a monthly extension of the job.

Anyway, tomorrow she will let the temp agency and the company know about our move and what she should do with the computer stuff she works with. Doubt the company will want this stuff moved by a moving company and we won't have room to take it. But, now that we've been approved for an apartment, we will have an address to send the stuff to.

Sort of wild, but she has seen people "come and go" within the insurance company she works for. Every time someone leaves or starts, she gets and e-mail about it.

But, one thing for sure, I can tell, because she is working in our spare bedroom, that she can get frustrated with how this insurance company operates sometimes. Then again, she is 75, and we can get frustrated easier/faster than in younger years.