Why Some People Are So Frightened By Atheism?

Discussion in 'Atheism & Antitheism' started by Silvia Benoit, May 19, 2022.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I prefer towns that used to have 82,000 but now have 28,000. Maybe that's the problem.

For now, let's not worry about the off-topic part, as I can separate these into a new thread later, when I get a chance, if it makes sense to do so.

Don Alaska likes this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Anyway members, there are, and will always be, religions that don't get along as well as people/age groups that don't get along. There just happens to be numerous things in this "day and age" that don't get along.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Religions may differ, or even contradict, but they don't have to be at war with one another. As a Christian, I believe that God calls me to hate certain behaviors, but I haven't read anywhere that I am supposed to hate the people behind them.

4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

What the heck are you writing about and what does Post Malone and Machine Gun Kelly have to do with Atheism?
    Post Malone is a “non-believer” but doesn’t claim to be an Atheist and do pray tell, what did he ever do to you?

Tell me something Cody.
    If you did meet Malone, would you show him grace or would you snub your nose at him? If he asked you to pray for him, would you?
    If he suddenly was down on his luck and needed food, would you and your wife feed him?
    Or does his exterior repulse you so much that you’d tell him to take a hike?

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  5. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

I think that’s probably the most misunderstood part of Christian belief.
    I sincerely believe that a true Christian cannot hate another human being We can hate what they do and even dislike the person but it’s impossible to hate that person.
    Jesus didn’t stipulate that we only feed and clothe believers and good people.

6. Silvia Benoit

Silvia Benoit Veteran Member
    Registered

In fact, many Buddhist and Hinduist don't see their beliefs as religions but as philosophies.

7. Silvia Benoit

Registered

Cody ,

An issue is as controversial as you want it to be.
    My best friend (50 years of friendship) is as religious as I am an Atheist.; we have discussed both sides and we NEVER had a fight because we always respected each other. Ciao.

8. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

me and my bff are the same way for 50 years!

9. James Hintze

James Hintze Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I have several religious friends, whom I respect very much.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  10. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

To say that no one is afraid of Atheists would be an absurd statement because so many people have so many phobias about anything and everything there is.

That said, there is a certain kind of fear that concerns most Christians though.
    It’s the same kind of “what if’s” fear that goes through almost every parent’s mind whilst trying to give everything they have to raise a child to be a good man or woman.
    What if he gets in with the wrong crowd or gets into a car wreck or starts taking dope or becomes a bully or for the Christian parent…………what if he grows up not knowing the love of God and somehow decides that He doesn’t exist?

What if my loved one…..doesn’t have eternal life with the Father? Did I do something wrong? How could I have made things better and more understandable? Didn’t I show him by my own actions what Jesus taught?

I’m not afraid of Atheists or Atheism but to fear that a loved one will Not be with the Father because of Atheism is a great fear indeed.

11. Silvia Benoit

Registered

My friend is pro-life and I am pro-choice; we have never attacked e/o about this issue either. Respect and freedom of speech. Period.

12. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

just goes to show people can learn - to agree to disagree.

Silvia Benoit likes this.
  13. Silvia Benoit

Registered

A new one...less than 24 hrs. fresh.
    Yesterday I was told by an acquittance and his daughter Atheist don't have morals / manners because we don't know God....In the meanwhile, I was the only who said "please and thank you" to the waitress and to the salespersons.
    BTW, this person' s daughter (19 y/o) has two kids and no known husband.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  14. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

No, no, no, no............and, there are probably plenty of Christians that wouldn't. Why? After what he stated about his mom, not too many people would. His statement in an interview, "I got the facial tattoos to piss my mom off because she doesn't like tattoos". He showed absolutely no respect for his mom!

I have absolutely no use for people that look like either of these guys. None! And, wife feels the same way. She doesn't want to be a part of any forum, especially one where someone, like you and a few others, talk about her husband the way they do. How would you feel if some member talked about your wife like you talk about me sometimes. You have your feelings and we have ours. End of story!!

Last edited: May 23, 2022
  15. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

But, unfortunately, many, many people refuse to do that! "I'm right and you will always be wrong" no matter what." they will say.