Why So Rude?

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Brittany Houser, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Avigail David

Avigail David Well-Known Member
    Registered

As long as those budding young journalists report the truth. Besides, why were Westboro Baptist people protesting against Storm Forecast Center in your area?

2. Avigail David

Avigail David Well-Known Member
    Registered

I don't think it silly. The director was only responding to her inner voice or conscience for the need to ask God for direction for the day and for the entire production. I think she recognizes God as King of the universe, and not a religion.

Ike Willis likes this.
  3. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I think the protesters from Kansas were protesting the Severe Forecast Storm Center here because they said or thought the weather people was messing in God's business and were going to hell because only God has charge of the weather. or some such nonsense.

Avigail David and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Ike I'm a somewhat traditional Catholic, and it took me forever to find a church I felt comfortable in when I moved back down here. I never realized how different the various churches could be, I thought Catholic was Catholic, but it's not. I prefer hymns over modern church music, and it's rare to find a church that uses hymns during the mass. Not only do they expect (even in the more conservative church I attend sometimes) you to shake hands with those around you, but they expect you to all hold hands and raise them at certain times, and I'm really not into that. One of the first Catholic churches I visited when I moved back here was closest to the university, which is why I went there. I called my Dad and told him there was a jacuzzi in the church. I guess it's used for baptisms, but it was front and center, and it looked very out of place to me.

Ike Willis likes this.