Why Is Obama Visiting Hiroshima Now?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Denise Evans, May 11, 2016.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

this is the video I saw on Fox News this a.m. I liked how much the show focused on "it looks pretty shady".

Funny, I see my link, but it's not showing when I "post". Try this one, and it's the 2nd Video Down:

Oh, I see, only embed from certain sites. Ok, you can click the link if you want to see it;)

http://video.foxnews.com/playlist/on-air-outnumbered/?intcmp=subnav

Last edited: May 11, 2016
    Gary Ridenour likes this.
  2. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

they bring up a good point. why didn't he stop at Pearl?? just another slap in the face of those that fought that war. my dad and uncle served and im glad there gone and don't have to witness this piss poor excuse of a man. this is just another bow wow tour. apologizing to the world as he's done for 8 years now. BTY they never apologized for Pearl Harbor.
    when he's finished here it off to Vietnam and a bow wow there. ill be so glad when he takes his watermelon rinds and chicken bones and leaves. I hate his living guts !!!

3. Gary Ridenour

Registered

4. Denise Evans

Registered

thank you Gary, for finding the vid;) denise

PS I think that Obama has truly hated what America stood for, and planned to change that right from the beginning. I wish none of America would have fallen for his lies. My gut told me he was bad news, not my smarts, I don't have enough. But sometime my gut is better than smarts.

I say you pick a fight with America, you will get one. Most of the immigrants that have been coming here since the days of Ellis Island, are the people that wanted to be "real" Americans and respected and LONGED for her constitution & laws. Now, we have so many coming in to try and destroy us. I think they've been here for many years too. I love the diversity of people that love America, and thank God for that diversity. But there is a difference between being diverse and wanting to change America into something else that we will not allow, not without a fight.

5. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Gary Ridenour He will undoubtedly apologize for America's finally ending the War while he is there, further ensliming himself in the historical annals of leaders who besmirched the United States. Considering the atrocities and butchery committed against G.I.s, this whole thing makes me sick.
    Frank

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

K E Gordon likes this.
  7. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

The war was a long time ago, and we need to have allies in the Far East to stand up to China and or Korea if it ever comes to that. Love him or hate him. President Obama does what he feels is best for the American people, and that is all I have to say on the subject. I will not get involved in political or personal mud slinging.

8. Gary Ridenour

Registered

did you know a bomb fell on Pearl Harbor??

[​IMG]

Diane Lane and Yvonne Smith like this.
  9. Denise Evans

Registered

I don't agree with those that stand by Obama, but I care about each of you as you are my brothers and sisters in America. I respect your right to choose to support anyone you think best. I also respect it when anyone stands for what they believe without slinging mud. I have a lot to learn about politics, but more to learn about loving people.

I do hope ALL of us will continue to look at not just the good things leaders have done, but also the "not so good" Then we have to decide whether or not the good outweighs the bad, and was it truly "for America" or themselves. That is for all sides concerned, especially our "right" and "left" groups here in America. Denise

Yvonne Smith and Gary Ridenour like this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Here is a very informative article explaining what was happening just before the Japanese decided to attack Americans. Since the United States was not involved in the war, and Japan was agressively trying to takeover more territory, we (and several other countries) put a trade embargo on Japan, and they could no longer buy fuel or metals from us that would be used in the war.
    Thinking that an attack on our naval base in Pearl Harbor would cripple the United States Navy, and leave Japan as the top naval power, they devised the plan to attack us by surprise.

Once Americans were attacked and killed without any provocation on our part, there was not much else that could have happened other than the United States defending ourselves.
    We mostly hear about the attack on Pearl Harbor, but actually, people are still finding old unexploded bombs that were dropped by the Japanese on American soil on our West Coast.

http://www.pearlharbor.org/history-of-pearl-harbor.asp

11. Denise Evans

Registered

Wonderful read Yvonne, I mean, sad, but good info that I did not know, not in that detail, thank you much, Denise

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  12. Gary Ridenour

Registered

embargo's are a good way to start a war. they had to invade these countries to get oil and rubber if they wanted to continue their conquest and keep their war machines running. so the embargo is why they devised the attack. the fleet at Pearl would go after them so it had to be eliminated. but they didn't get what they really wanted in the attack. our Carriers which were at sea and saved our bacon. 4 mons later the Doolittle raiders struck the empire from the deck of the USS Hornet. a Hugh morale lifter back here. history had to be changed. they didn't strike the first blow at Pearl. over an hour before the attack the USS Ward sank a Japanese midget sub off the harbor entrance inside our security zone. so. we fired the first shot. this attack was reported to seniors ashore who blew it off/ another warning ignored.
    the Japanese got the idea of a carrier strike from the British who did the same attack against the Italian Navy base at Taranto.

Denise Evans likes this.
  13. Denise Evans

Registered

It's amazing how little I know of what really happened in history, thank you Gary. The thought occurred to me, which is probably going to sound ignorant, but I thought how much easier it would be to fight a country, rather that someone like ISIS for example. I mean, supposedly, whole countries aren't who are behind ISIS?? I wondered too if maybe they are like a special forces type group actually sent to destroy America. Same with the Taliban.

I bet others have wondered that. If I'm understanding groups like ISIS and Taliban killed people from within their own country though, is that true? This is how much I don't know about what's going on in the world. Glad someone is paying attention, which I am trying hard to do now, and from now on.

14. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Dig deep enough in the historical mire, and one can find hard evidence condemning our own country for the sneak attack, as well as Japan.

In the early months of Fall, 1941, a group of Japanese representatives of government, Emissaries, met extensively in Washington with President Roosevelt, who was still actively seeking ways and means of further improving the still dismal post-Depression economy. I have never seen detailed historical data pertaining to those meetings, and suspect as more information has been spread decades later, the truth may have been "massaged" a bit.

During the late Fall, Roosevelt gradually ordered much of the massive Pacific Fleet to congregate at Pearl Harbor. Ya gotta ask yourself, given Roosevelt's political savvy, and his extensive knowledge of the War up to that time, both in Europe and the Pacific, why in the world would he not have kept all those ships and men dispersed where much less cumulatively vulnerable?

Was a "deal" cut? Only God knows, but he hasn't spoken on the topic. IMO, only a madman or extremely intense political planner, would have placed all those resources at the mercy of Japanese war-making.

Frank

15. Gary Ridenour

Registered

those meeting in the fall of 41 you refer to were talks between Tokyo, thru they're ambassadors in DC about Japans expansion in the far east. mainly the attacks on Manchuria and China. and removing the embargo. in fact they had already decided to attack the US and were stalling for time to put it together. the Ambassadors were Nomura and Kurusu. Tojo had no intentions of making peace. he was in full command of all Japanese military forces.
    there was a large fleet sent Pearl to respond to the upcoming war. which we knew about. however over time events in Europe forced FDR to strip ships from Pearl to reinforce the Atlantic. under strong protest from ADM Kimmel at pearl.which was the only base we had in the eastern Pacific. no place else to put them. and if you scatter this fleet then where to??
    our biggest base in the western Pacific was in the Philippines which was rich in oil and Rubber. it was believed Japan would attack here first
    two things ruled out pearl. Japan could never send a large task force that far east with out being discovered. second Pearl was only 40-45 feet deep. to shallow for torpedo's of that time. which had to drop 60-65 feet before leveling off.
    the attack force sailed from the Kurile Island in northern Japan.around mid to late Nov and took the northern Pacific route. way north of the shipping totally undiscovered.and under strict radio silence. on the trip across it waited for radio signal which said "climb mount Niataka" the go code to proceed with the attack. meaning all diplomatic relations with the US were broken.

[​IMG]

the type 91 Torpedo used in the attack. to make it run in shallow water they removed the heavy tail fin and replaced it with a light wood fin. they had no idea if it would work or not

[​IMG]

there is of course a lot more to this story