Why I Am Not A Republican

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Ken Anderson, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

As most of you are well aware, because I made no secret of it, I was a supporter of Donald Trump in the last election, and remain pleased that he won.

I didn't vote for him in the Republican Primary however, because I have not been a Republican since early 2013, and will likely never again register in a political party.

By no means, does this mean that I am a Democrat, or even that I am inclined to vote for Democrats, although I do vote for one of our state senators, who is a Democrat.

In case anyone is interested, and because it's the anniversary of the culmination of this event, I will post these series of blog entries that were published by a blogger for the Bangor Daily News, since he does a pretty good job of chronicling the events. These links are on the Bangor Daily News site, and not a private blog.

Source: Undercover Porcupine, February 25, 2013

Source: Undercover Porcupine, March 7, 2013

Source: Undercover Porcupine, March 21, 2013

Source: Undercover Porcupine, March 22, 2013

Source: Undercover Porcupine, March 24, 2013

The documented coverage ends there but, in the end, roughly half of the state GOP committee had resigned, along with several Republicans who had been active at the town or county level.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered