Why Hillary Is Losing The Spanish Vote

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Martin Alonzo, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Here is a Central American and South American TV station that tells it the way it is.
    I think a lot of Spanish speaking people watch this cannel

The Empire Files: Abby Martin Exposes John Podesta

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't know if that will happen in CA. Yes, some Hispanics vote republican but usually not the majority.

Building a wall didn't help Trump with the Hispanic vote either. Truth is CA. Would go to Hillary wether he mentioned the wall or not.

There are a few republican areas here but for the most part I think it's democrats.

Didn't watch the video because it's too long right now but will go back later...barely awake.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Hillary will get the bulk of the Hispanic vote, but I think that Trump will do better than Romney or McCain did. I am still in touch (mostly through Facebook) with a bunch of people I knew or worked with in the Rio Grande Valley, which traditionally votes almost entirely Democrat, to a point where Republicans didn't even bother running for local office, and there seems to be a substantial "Hispanics for Trump" group there. I have even seen some of my former co-workers or students in tee-shirts. Some of the things that Trump has been talking about, such as bringing jobs back to America, resonate well with Hispanics, and even The Wall appeals to many of them, because the first jobs that illegal immigrants steal are from Mexican-Americans.

Even when I lived there, a lot of people were complaining about the open border. Even those who were born in Mexico were proud of the fact that they came here legally, and resentful of those who didn't. I don't expect Trump to carry the Rio Grande Valley, not by a long shot, because there is a lot of anti-Trump social pressure to work against, and they are influenced by the media as well. But I expect him to do better than Romney or McCain.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

True but you hav eto also remember that many legal Hispanics have some family in Mexico. I'm pretty sure of all the legal ones I know, at least a grandma or grandpa.

One of my daughter's friends who lives in their neighborhood and owns a huge janitorial service, I think his parents still live there.