Why Do Young Ladies Do This?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Young ladies, meaning those in their 30's, but there are those that are younger that do it as well.

On Facebook, the assistant manager of the apt. complex in Jacksonville, took a selfie of herself puckering up her lips (like a kiss). I happen to be on Facebook and her Facebook page came up as a Friend Request. I deleted her Friend Request, but really wondered why she would take a selfie like this and put it on her Facebook page.

Have seen young ladies also posing in a very low-cut tops for a selfie on Facebook, but have seen this on my opening internet page as well.

Seeking attention or what?

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Attention seeking is the answer, its laughable because they actually look stupid :rolleyes:

Lois Winters and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

To them it's cute. At least that's what that assistant manager told me why she did it.

4. Patsy Faye

Registered

Its tiresome because they're everywhere - be unique and stand out for the right reasons
    Don't do this …… (yawn) ….

upload_2019-12-29_18-46-7.jpeg

Bess Barber and Beth Gallagher like this.
  5. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

It just happens to be a popular pose. Perhaps to look sexy, perhaps to just be playful.
    I wouldn't do it, but I'm not offended at it.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Patsy Faye

Registered

Its tiresome but I'm not offended by it

7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Uh...ya’ll mean like this young lady?
    upload_2019-12-30_8-5-36.jpeg

8. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Excatly why most of my family have been deleted or ignored on FB. Your not a Kardashian - get over it.
    And if its not those dumb lip poses...its the Hip Hop hand signal stuff. Not impressive in the least. :)

9. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Why do some young ladies get tattoos? Their young, fresh and perfect selves are being defaced with meaningless graffiti. Would they intentionally carve into the paint of their bright, new Ferrari?

Hedi Mitchell and Cody Fousnaugh like this.
  10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Guess some of us think nothing of it, while others think it's ridiculous and state just that. It's just like other things the young generation does that some older folks think "no big deal", so they just keep on doing it. However, would they stop if members of their family told them how silly/stupid it looked...…...nope!

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  11. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Here’s the thing Cody. Earlier on, we didn’t have the capability to take selfies and have it instantly published. My goodness, there was a time when if a person took a roll of film to be developed and it looked in the least bit uh, “controversial” then it wouldn’t get printed.
    One question I might ask is how many folks tried to take a selfie and other questionable pictures with a Polaroid? I mean, wasn’t a Polaroid picture kind of a proclamation of some sort of independence and freedom from the censor (and other prying eyes)?

I would wager that if our generation had the tech that we have today, there would be no questions asked because the net would have been filled to the brim with our earlier (and sexier) selfies.
    As it was, the girls started to wear mini-skirts and went braless in our generation and I didn’t hear one teenage guy complain about it then and those teenage guys are the old fuddy duddies of today.

12. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Have to admit, Bobby, you are right. Folks at our age don't give it a thought at how/what we would've done if we had the same technology back then when we were that age.

Same thing goes for drugs. Our generation complains about all of the drug use today, but a lot of us don't look back at the "day and age" of Woodstock and the drug use during those years. From video I've seen of U.S. soldiers in Vietnam, marijuana use was done quite a bit there.

13. Bess Barber

Task Force Registered

You have NO IDEA how thankful I am to have sown my oats WITHOUT a lasting memory of the event on someone's cell phone. :D

Bobby Cole likes this.
  14. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

To be honest, I don't pay a lot of attention to what other people do. In fact, unless I have a reason to, I don't pay a lot of attention to other people at all. In a restaurant, I never know who our waitress was because I didn't pay any attention to her when she gave us the menus or took our order. Even people I know have told me that they had waved at me or tried to get my attention, at different times and I didn't notice. Sometimes, I'll notice people in Walmart because let's face it, it's hard not to notice some of the people who frequent Walmart. Unless I'm sitting somewhere, with nothing else to do, I don't pay much attention to people around me.

Bess Barber and Mary Robi like this.
  15. Bess Barber

Task Force Registered

I mentioned this to my daughter to see if this was still the rage on Facebook.
    She said the common term for it was called 'Duck Face Selfie'.
    So:
    images - 2019-12-31T185604.134.jpeg

Yvonne Smith likes this.