Why Do You Join Forums, Whether This One Or Others?

Discussion in 'Comments on Forum' started by Babs Hunt, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I wasn’t really interested in forums in general until I slipped into content writing. For some time it was sort of an on-line fad whereby a person could make a few bucks as long as they had a little talent for it, be able to write more than a sentence or two, stay on topic and refrain from any personal attacks.
    The bottom line is that I was introduced to a few good forums and some pretty bad ones whilst as a paid writer but when that died down I searched further for forums that I was simply interested in as a regular everyday guy who simply writes as a diversion in the day’s activities.
    My goodness, I have memberships in military forums, IQ based forums, Christian forums, Health and Bodybuilding forums and yeah, even that other seniors forum but I’ve pretty much dropped posting in any of them do to a lot of redundant topics, violent people, over zealous trolls and well, just because I stopped being interested.

As a matter of fact, Ken, Yvonne, myself and a couple of other SoC members were actually all on another seniors forum called The Seniors Playground but it went south and Ken almost immediately afterward started this one, so my wife and I migrated here. Ken was always pretty amiable and a heckova writer on the other forum so why not?
    We didn’t know if he would really get this one going as well as he has, but it seemed natural to kind of keep part of the family that the other forum created together.

Hopefully, this forum will stick around for a while through all the DDOS attacks and other stuff that can happen. I’ve made a few friends here, seen a couple of them pass, but overall, it’s been a good place to spend a little time.

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Forums are great for introverts like me. I can participate as much or as little as I choose, and I don't even have to put lipstick on. :D

3. Micki Pembroke

Micki Pembroke Veteran Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith @Ken Anderson and Admin...Thank you for the quality decisions made as to what are acceptable posts and threads. Because of those decisions, it makes SoC a happy place to be. My opinion, No Brownie points needed, next time. :).

4. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Forums are good for a Extrovert like me.

5. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Just like meeting folks from everywhere and seeing what makes us all tick. People are really just about alike, though, I've found. I was living in France 10yrs. after WW2 when I was in the AF and things were a lot different then. With the onset of travel and advances in technology, we seem to be becoming more attuned to each other.

6. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

@Bobby Cole That about wraps up my reason too for belonging to a social forum such as SoC. I also belong to others but that is because I am somewhat of a sports fanatic.. specially cricket.

Now this is no bull but I was rather reticent joining an American forum as I had heard they were unfriendly, insular and stuffy people. I wanna be put on record that I find the members here are none of those..in fact this is the most contented I have ever been on a social forum. So thanks y'all for accepting an outsider.

7. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I am a bit of an introvert too. I agree with you.. except for the lipstick.. I do use rouge tho:p

8. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Outsider? Just a brother from a different mother is all. Nothing “outsider” about that! :)

9. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

Or get dressed and share your coffee!! That alone makes forum friends the best!!

10. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm not American either..... o_O;)

11. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Then.....then you’re really not from England, Arkansas?

12. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

errrrm...lemme think :eek:

13. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

I joined this forum(my only 1) because I got an invite from @Ken Anderson and knew him and @Michelle Anderson from another website. like to learn new things and occasionally share what's happening in my life.

14. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

This says it all, I think. 13438842_10201892306265553_467069670288689018_n.jpg

15. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I have a need to communicate and even more so since my severe hearing loss has eliminated face to face conversation. SO and a few other forums give me the opportunity to satisfy my curiosity about many things and to express my self.