Why Do You Join Forums, Whether This One Or Others?

Discussion in 'Comments on Forum' started by Babs Hunt, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh, Sh!t ! Exposed, found out again. What'tl Ah dew nahw?
    Frimp

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

@Frank Sanoica ..... Huuuuum, I suppose you'll just have to mend your impish ways.

LOL @ your new siggy.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Shirley Martin

Registered

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

5. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I have a Profound hearing loss despite wearing hearing aids and a need to express my thoughts and opinions on a wide range of subjects that is impossible for me in face to face or group conversation. I belong to three separate Medical Support Forums for three separate Medical conditions. A Financial Forum and two Senior Forums.

6. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    Shirley Martin likes this.
  7. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Shirley Martin
    Aha! Impressed, I am, that someone has noticed it! Have been considering emboldening it, but now, such diversive activity may not be needed.

Only problem was, 'twasn't you whom I expected would. Notice, that is.

Mend my ways, why, preposterous! I would have to be returned to my perpetuation within the flask of confinement.

Frimp

8. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I joined this forum a little over a year ago,after I sent as sent a link by a good friend on here .

I have NEVER been banned ... from any forum ..although I'm surprised I didn't get banned from an unnamed forum when I recently had a spit ..

I mainly stick to the games section ..that way ..I can't get into to much trouble .

I enjoy this forum, and I have thanked @Ken Anderson in the past somwhere on here ....how the forum helped me get over a serious unexplained illness (Blackout)

I was playing a few games on the OTHER. forum a few days days ago and member sent me a name of another forum that I hadn't heard of before ...so I looked at the forum and thought why not ..if it has games ....BUT ...as soon as I seen
    a few usernames,and reference to a forum that has the exactly the same format .... I headed for the hills as quick as I could...WITH A BIG NO THANK YOU :eek:

I'm so thankful to have this forum to chat or play games when I want to, day or night ..without fear of the "Forum Police" that I have encountered elsewhere .....Yes......even in games section ....nit picking at posts made by members.

Generally members I have encountered here are good ...there again as we are often reminded there's always the option of the ignore buttons for any who push yours ..

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  9. Kate Ellery

Registered

Hey @Frank Sanoica i like the Frimp ..Imp ...

10. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Kate Ellery
    Katie, you are a wonderful person to be a member here, and we all love to hear from so far away, "we" being North Americans for the most part. I, for one, greatly enjoy hearing about the happenings "down under". Is Ayers Rock still there?

[​IMG]

Ken Anderson and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  11. Kate Ellery

Registered

Yes @Frank Sanoica but it's called Uluru now days ,renamed by our indigenous people

We have walked right around the bottom of "the rock" with a guide pointing out all the places of significance to the indigenous people .
    They don't stop people climbing the rock but ask you to respect their beliefs and not climb it
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uluru

12. Frank Sanoica

Registered

I first saw and heard of Ayers Rock in Crocodile Dundee, I believe. I loved the scene in which he faked-out the chick's question of what time is it, by looking up at the sun, turning away, then announcing exactly what time it was. She was enthralled with his ability! (then he revealed only to the audience the wristwatch he wore!). Great humor!
    Frank

13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

It is clear from many posts here that one of the reasons people join Forums is so they can laugh and play on them too. And since laughter and playing is good medicine for our hearts...I think this is a wonderful reason to join Forums. :D

Holly Saunders and Patsy Faye like this.
  14. Shirley Martin

Registered

I know you get a Genie out of a bottle by rubbing it but how does one get an Imp back in a bottle?:D

15. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Shirley Martin
    According to one of the scientists who had just witnessed the first ever atomic bomb detonation, at Trinity Site in New Mexico, he remarked to Robert Oppenheimer, "Well, we've released the imp from his bottle, and he can never be put back. Now we're all Sons of B!tches!"

From that passage was it decided that an imp might be the needed type of personage to "liven up" a forum.

And there you have the other side of the story.

Frank

Shirley Martin likes this.