Why Do You Join Forums, Whether This One Or Others?

Discussion in 'Comments on Forum' started by Babs Hunt, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Yep, that's what my husband was. I don't mean to paint him as perfect or that we never fought because we did in 35 years of marriage before he died, but he was my "soulmate".

Patsy Faye likes this.
  2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Chrissy Cross
    Wonder if my status there is also the same? ;)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Registered

It is. :)

I just checked. Also, except for a few, most of us on here are banned there.... I've been banned at least 5 times. I could join now with an alias as my IP is different...or I could join from my son's but it's not even worth the bother of a new email address. That's how boring it is now.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  4. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

As far as forum friends go, I met a guy thusly, years ago, new to PCs, on dial-up, really slow, email difficult, but learned he was a retired Trucker from CA living in OK, not a real long way from us in MO. He was a natural-born writer, intellectually able beyond imagination, for a man never going beyond the career he had. Our forum was a gun forum. We arranged to meet at one of the world's largest gun shows, Wannamacher's, in Tulsa, about 300 miles drive for me, my wife stayed home. He came there with his wife, gave me a bunch of computer-related stuff he had brought. His name was James (don't call me Jim!).

He revealed within about a year, his wife had passed away, and he had had cancer which now was spread to his spine. While we were wintering the second time in AZ, our farmhouse in MO was viciously wrecked inside, not a single item stolen. Our PC was destroyed, all record of James gone. I regret not having tried to contact him, for awhile we were completely devastated by the way our little farmhouse had been wrecked. James was the only on-line friend I have ever met face-to-face.

Frank

5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Along with my husband I met a few women on FL Forum that became friends and still are to this day. One of them knew my husband and lived in Jacksonville, FL too so I got to meet her and spend five years in Jacksonville, FL having a face to face friendship with her too. My husband and I weren't the only ones who ended up meeting on that Forum and marrying...there were at least 3 or 4 couples that ended up marrying each other too and we still keep in touch with a couple of these.:)

Frank Sanoica and Chrissy Cross like this.
  6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

On my first forum 10 years ago, about 3 couples married. One woman from California moved to Toronto. Just heard recently she died. :(

Another one moved from Toronto to Missouri. One I'm Facebook friends with still moved from the Midwest to Southern California.

It was a very big forum so I'm sure there were more...I just don't recall.

7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

IMG_0089.PNG I see this forum is read by people over there, lol.

9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I also join Forums because I like to write what I am thinking and feeling more than expressing it orally. I find it is much easier to let the words flow when I'm writing or typing my thoughts...then it is to articulate them orally. I don't even like talking on the phone except in rare cases and for mostly short periods of time.

I like to join Forums that pertain to things I am interested in. But here's one thing you might be surprised to find out...as much as my Faith is a priority to my life...I actually do not like Forums that are religious. Why? Because I haven't been able to find one yet that discusses God, the Bible, etc.. Instead they argue. use Scripture like poisoned darts, and practice legalism and hypocrisy that makes my stomach turn nauseaous.

Through trial and error I have also found that I don't care to be on a Forum that has to many age variations either since my interests and many of theirs' are just to far apart.

I looked for a mature woman's Forum but the only ones I was able to find were a few where these mature woman were still trying to be 25 years old, etc.

Ken's Forum is a really good fit for me...and I feel comfortable and at home here even when things or topics may heat up some. I'm an introvert and a homebody so I enjoy socializing through the internet. And I often find that many people are much more honest and open this way too.

10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I'm not far right and I'm not far left, so it's kind of hard to find the perfect forum for me....but if I view this as just a forum to occupy my time, I'm okay.

I've gotten away from caring about people I don't really know, so that makes it easier.

Gary McNeill likes this.
  11. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Made me giggle - that would drive me nanas :p

Babs Hunt and Chrissy Cross like this.
  12. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

13. Chrissy Cross