Why Do Women Crave Chocolate?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Ken Anderson, May 25, 2018.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I have known true chocoholics. One woman I knew would eat cocoa powder straight from the container when the urge struck her--a true addict.

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

My Mother never ran out of choc - in her bag always and stashed away at home :p

Maryt Hope likes this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

There definitely is something in chocolate that women crave leading up to and during their menses. With 3 teenage daughters and myself all going through those monthly cycles I had a stash drawer filled with different chocolate candy bars for when we needed to satisfy that craving.

When I had my complete hysterectomy I noticed my craving for chocolate started disappearing...and although I still like chocolate I do not feel the cravings for it like I did before.

I am also a fan of white chocolate and the new Reeses white chocolate peanut butter cups are one of my favorites.
    But then I keep peanut butter as a regular staple in our home as both my Honey and I love it. :)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That's because he had included his message in the quote, by not closing the quote. You have to click on long quotes to read the whole thing. I fixed it.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  5. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Or the patients to follow who have similar symptoms.... Autopsies are (were) the highest form of quality control for the medical profession, but have been largely discontinued for a couple reasons: 1) Insurance companies refuse to pay for them, and people don't want to pay out-of-pocket, and 2) Doctors are afraid that if the autopsy shows they made a mistake, they will be sued. For instance, if giving L-dopa to a symptomatic patient worsens the symptoms, perhaps a differential diagnosis could be made without the "post" and patients could benefit from a different therapy. Autopsies are still done by Medical Examiners, though.

6. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ken Anderson
    Thank you, Sir!

7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Maybe we women do crave chocolate; but men crave salt......

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  8. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Because it tastes good. ;)

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

This guy needs to go back to cooling school. He expects the salt to reach his spoon by magic, I guess.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  10. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

I like my Sardines packed in Tomato Sauce.

Hal

11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

My daughter brought me some cacao beans and also some cacao butter chunks. The beans are fresh beans from Peru, and can actually be eaten straight from the package if you want to chew them up, similar to how some people eat chocolate covered coffee beans, except the cocoa beans are not as crunchy as the coffee beans.
    I have been making iced coffee with some of the cocoa beans and a bit of the cocoa butter in it, and using lots of ice and some of my fresh almond milk, and it is just so delicious, and perfect for these hot days when it gets up into the 90’s here.
    Since this is unprocessed cocoa, it is not full of all of the sugar and other stuff that is put into chocolate, and the cocoa beans are actually very healthy, and a fine source of magnesium, which is good for the heart.
    I use instant coffee, ice cubes, and the cocoa beans and some almond milk and blend it all up in the Ninja cup blender. Sometimes, I also add in a partial scoop of the whey protein with greens in it, and then it is almost like having a whole meal.
    It is actually what I had for lunch after we got home from the fitness center today, and then a nice Greek salad for dinner.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  12. Betty Jones

Betty Jones Veteran Member
    Registered

i love milk chocolate

13. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I am weird...I have never craved chocolate. I like real chocolate the best...not the waxy mess on candy bars.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  14. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

There are so many things that men do not know about women and frankly, at my age I have totally accepted the fact that women have kept a lot of things secret from men.
    There are parts and pieces with names that no man knows nor will ever know due to the unwritten doctrine of womanhood.
    Why women crave chocolate is a question that women only play with just to keep we gentlefellows feeling as though we know something when in reality, the reason is hidden in some obscure place that only women know the whereabouts.

As proof of my theory, I discovered a few years ago that women have something called a “yet”. By chance I read in a newspaper that a woman was badly injured in a car accident but the surgeons couldn’t operate on her “yet”.
    So, the proof is there that women have a yet but just ask any one of them where and what it is and all you’ll get is a blank stare.

So, why do women crave chocolate? Dunno but the answer is probably hidden with her yet.

Ken Anderson and Don Alaska like this.
  15. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Bobby Cole ...no secret ...it is hormonal issue. The older women become Most of the time less craving of chocolate.

Don Alaska likes this.