Why Can’t I

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Kate Ellery, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Betty Jones

Betty Jones Veteran Member
    Registered

i wish i thought about that---so thats the secret --no drinking before inserting earrings-i made a note to myself

2. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

68C74AF3-E7E6-4845-98A5-CF385FCD8EE5.gif

3. Louise Williams

Louise Williams Supreme Member
    Registered

I had my ears pierce when i was 30 yrs old on my birthday, but then come to find out im allergic to metal !!...Found that out the hard way, my whole ear swelled up one time..The non-lead earrings i could wear,,But were very expensive $$..so i would only wear the earrings once in a great while and then have to use an ointment to clear up the allergy infection... Finally i just gave up wearng earrings..

Kate Ellery likes this.
  4. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Even the clip-on earrings? Are they even made anymore? I have my grandmother's jewelry which are clip-ons.

I like wearing earrings. Many women have more than one ear piercing but it took my sister to convince me to get the one. I wouldn't consider having more.

Lois Winters likes this.
  5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Even though I don't wear my pierced earrings often I still am able to fit them in the holes in my ears without to much difficulty. Where my ears are pierced if I place a finger on the back and front of my ear lobe I can feel the slightly raised difference in where the piercing was done...and finding those spots helps me get my earrings on much faster. :)

6. David Crosse

David Crosse Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

whats the dance step called?

Von Jones likes this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Welcometo the forum, @joyful soul !
    If you look at the top of the page under “notices and announcements”, there is a section for introductions where you can start an introduction thread and tell us all a little more about yourself, where you are from, how you found this forum, stuff like that.

Also, you might have noticed, but everyone here uses what looks like a real name (first/last name) and not a username.
    If you click on your name at the top of the page, it will open a little box, and one of the choices is going to be name change. Choose that, and then you can change your name from the user name to a regular name. It does not have to be your real name, it just has to sound like it can be a real name.

8. Betty Jones

Betty Jones Veteran Member
    Registered

welcome david cross

David Crosse likes this.
  9. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

The Earring Shuffle similar to the Hokey Pokey:)

10. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I dont wear earings:p

Patsy Faye and Kate Ellery like this.
  11. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I quit wearing earrings years ago. First I lost a pair of very special diamond studs and decided to let those piercing heal over as punishment for my carelessness. I wore hoops and hangers in the lower piercings for a few years. I was at a concert when some jerk came from behind and grabbed me and his girlfriend stole my custom made hangers by a Hopi silversmith. He held me until she got away. A couple of friends grabbed and beat the hell out of him, but that didn't get my earring back. I let my ears heal and put away all my custom jewelry. I recently found it again and just cleaned it up. I still have another set of overlay silver Hopi hangers and I am seriously considering having my ears pierced again. I am old enough now to be more responsible ... I think!

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  12. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Same here, Von. One piercing in each ear; I pierced them myself when I was 16. I have never cared for multiple piercings. I wear earrings all the time and feel naked without them. Usually small hoops or studs.

I still have a lot of gigantic earrings (some are clip-ons) from the 80s and 90s... back when our earrings matched our huge shoulder pads and mall hair. :D Those were the days.

Von Jones likes this.
  13. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

I've never had pierced ear lobes. I do have clip-ons, and they are hard to get these days. I often lose an ear ring since I must take one off each time I answer the phone. For some reason, I cannot answer it with my right hand. Nutso.

Frank Sanoica likes this.