Why Are Some More Susceptible To Covid-19?

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Monica Rich, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Monica Rich

Monica Rich Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

NEW STUDY : A burning question

We know wood smoke air pollution is not good for our lungs anytime not just right now..

It can cause asthma/COPD attacks, reduce our lung function, contribute to heart attacks, challenge our immune systems making us more susceptible to all diseases. and even lead to death. Now a new study from the Harvard School of Public Health has found that air pollution also makes it harder for us to recover from COVID-19. The study shows that people who live for years in areas of the country with more particulate pollution in the air are more likely to die from COVID-19 than people w...ho live in areas with less air pollution from particulates. Read more about the health effects of burning, such as, COPD, Asthma, Allergies, Diabetes, all immune system and auto immune diseases and more.

What can you do instead of burning? Campfire in a Can, and other brands, have propane outdoor fire devices in in numerous styles, sizes, purpose and price point. This also helps prevent wildfires that are caused 85% of the time by humans, not lightening!

here are several very easy and cost effective changes that can be made to homes/buildings that greatly reduce heating costs instead of wood heating. Most pay for themselves in the first year.

Chipping, mulching, composting, leave it for a natural habitat for birds, donate land clearing/yard waste to recyclers that create peat, mulch, bark etc and grasscycling are among the best choices. Many residents can also subscribe to curbside compost pickup service. Yard waste is not a public health threat unless itis burned and it's not essential to burn it.

It's not worth risking your health and the health of others to recreation burn or to tidy up your yard.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I just bought a wood stove for my library, which is off the heating grid from the rest of the house, which is oil heated. I took it off the grid a few years ago after a freeze-up because, with sixteen windows, it was an expensive room to heat. Still, I'd like to be able to use it in the winter. As it is, because we don't use it in cold weather, it tends to serve as an attic, which doesn't even get cleaned out during the spring and summer. The heat from a wood fire is very relaxing, and I own a hundred acres of woodland.

Other than that, I don't burn trash - I compost it.

Ed Wilson likes this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

-- News, Medical Life Sciences

4. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Anthracite coal is a good heating source. It burns clean and the coals last through night.

5. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Many studies especially Italy's that people with preexisting conditions had 97% higher rate of death. 97% this means the people who the medical system did not cure but managed their disease. Air pollution is a problem yes but linking it to covid is a stretch. Burning is a way to recycle minerals for plants all plants are made from the minerals taken from the soil and with water and air removing carbon from the air in the process. Burning wood releases the carbon and what is left is the minerals absorb by the tree making it a good fertilizer.[pot ash]