Who Uses Personal Shoppers, Like Instacart Or Walmart+ ?

Discussion in 'Online Retailers' started by Yvonne Smith, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When you use the Walmart app (or the website), go to the “my account” page and check what email is listed there, and make sure that you have it correct. As long as the email is correct, you will relieve all kinds of notices for when your order is being delivered, and also the receipt after you get the order.
    On my Walmart app, the “account” link is just at the bottom of the page, but it might be different on yours, depending on that device you are using and if you are using the website or the app to order. I use my iPad.

Jenna Parnellson and Bill Boggs like this.
  2. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I cancelled my Shipt after getting my groceries between ;10:30 and 11:00 last night. It was my fault but as soon as I realized my mistake (I wanted it delivered this morning at that time) about thirty minutes after placing order, no way to change delivery time. I cancelled my account this morning. I ‘m going to resign with Walmart.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

The only personal shopper that I've used is a whiteboard. Attached to our refrigerator, I write down what I want and Michelle picks it up the next time she goes shopping. However, I found that it's better if I go along because otherwise she sometimes comes home with the Dollar Store version of what I asked for, and that doesn't go so well.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Do you purposefully leave yourself open for retribution by posting that stuff? Or do you know that she'll laugh like the rest of us?

Ken Anderson likes this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I consider it to be an encouragement for her to read the forum more often.

Al Amoling likes this.
  6. Yvonne Smith

On Sunday, I ordered groceries with our Walmart+ account, and they were supposed to be delivered at 10-11 Monday morning. At almost 11, they still indicated that they were being shopped, but after 11, that changed to delayed, with no indication of when they might be delivered.
    I instigated a chat on the walmart+ app, and they said there were no available drivers, and suggested I call the local store for more info about when it might arrive.
    When I called the store, I asked if we could just come and pick up the order if there was not a delivery driver, and he said that the order had not been shopped, and they were still working on orders from Saturday.
    He didn’t think that my order would be ready until the next day, and even then he had no idea when on Tuesday it might be delivered.

I had used the little Walmart closest to us, so I decided to try ordering from the super walmart instead, and picking it up so there would not be a delivery issue this time.
    It turned out that they had no pick up times available until after 4PM this afternoon (Tuesday). So, it was obviously more than just an issue at one walmart, but I have no idea why.

I cancelled the whole Walmart order, used instacart and ordered from Aldi’s, and they brought my order right out. I am thinking that I might just as well cancel the Walmart+ membership.
    The only benefits we get are the free shipping (which I do not use very often) and the free delivery option. I can use online shopping and pick it up without having the paid Walmart+ membership; and just use instacart when we need the groceries delivered.

I am really wondering what happened with our Walmarts, and how many other walmart stores were having issues with delivering orders. Our weather is fine, it is not a payday or holiday, or even a weekend; so there should not have been an overload of orders.

7. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith - i do not have delivered but pick up as we are only 3.5 miles from Walmart Neighborhood store.
    This pick up service came real handy when I was so sick and even during all the virus fears. But lately I can not get the app to work right even after re installing. They always are out of stock i what i need, and this has been going on long before virus days. I do not like Walmart anymore but at times they can come in handy.
    I have started going to other stores when shopping on my own, even paying more.
    I have given a not great review on Yelp. Stores always a mess, empty shelves and watch those prices.Sometimes wrong prices works in your favor- $5.00 Wranglers jeans instead of $18.But then you can pay more for grocery items $4.98 vs $ 2.98,prices like that. So, yes Walmart has gone down the tubes, in even more ways.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

For the first time since I started having groceries delivered, my order was over an hour late on Sunday and didn't get delivered until after 7 p.m. When checking my order, several items were missing including two packages of meat. I called and they found the stuff in their cooler and sent it out yesterday around noon. So things are not running as smoothly as in the past, probably due to the worker shortage. (This is not Walmart; it's the HEB grocery chain.)

Yvonne Smith and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  9. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Beth Gallagher - agreed not ALL Wally's fault. I cannot understand how people are quitting jobs, and or not going back in record numbers. If your single you might can do that..but how do you manage with a family a 2 dogs and cat? I just do not comprehend it all.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  10. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

I love Instacart. They deliver within the hour.

Hedi Mitchell and Yvonne Smith like this.
  11. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I've used instakart a few times .I also have the same woman pick up my walmart order.

12. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I used Walmart several times and each time I had to wait a week for an open spot. I actually stayed up after midnight so a new day was open up and I can get a delivery date.
    I cancel my trial membership because I had a third of my order missing last time I got a delivery.
    I've been using Shipt and purchasing from Lidl, no problems so far.

13. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

we've been doing the Walmart pickup....with no problem here in small town...
    while we were down south in a populated area...different story

Tony Page and Beth Gallagher like this.
  14. Yvonne Smith

So, I cancelled my Walmart+ membership, and it ends on the 17th of this month. Since we were supposed to be having snow today, I decided that I would use the free delivery while I still have it. (We barely got snow and it didn’t stick, so that was not an issue)
    I ordered on Saturday afternoon, and scheduled delivery for 9-10 this morning, hoping to get the groceries before the rain turned to snow. It is now almost 7 PM, and no groceries !
    I called the Walmart store, and they are not answering their phones and it said their voicemail is full, so next I called the main 800 number. That lady somehow got the local store to answer.
    She said that she does not know when the groceries will arrive, but it would be before 8PM tonight.
    The saga continues…….

Beth Gallagher and Tony Page like this.
  15. Yvonne Smith

The Walmart+ saga continues !
    I woke up this morning and discovered an alert on my watch that my grocery order had been delivered, so I hopped right out of bed to go and look. The alert came at about 1AM this morning, not exactly when a senior citizen wants their groceries delivered .
    I looked outside on the porch……. No groceries !

Now I am REALLY upset. Not only did they not bring groceries , now they are saying that they brought them and charging me for the groceries that never arrived.
    So, at 6AM, here I am on the phone with Walmart customer service, trying to find out what became of my groceries. They are supposed to take a picture when they leave groceries, but when I looked on the app, it shows that my groceries were delivered at 10AM yesterday morning, and there is NO picture of anything.
    I am now waiting for a call back from customer service telling me what happened. Having a cup of coffee. Grumbling. The dogs did bark sometime after midnight last night, so I actually got up to look and see if Walmart left my groceries in the middle of the night, but there was nothing on the front porch, so I went back to bed.
    (Poor Bobby was happily sleeping until all this happened and I woke him up)

Bobby Cole and Tony Page like this.