Who Plays Games on Their Smart Phone or Tablet?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Yvonne Smith, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

It seems like there are so many games everywhere nowdays that it seems like this must be the game-playing generation (or generations). Everyone from little kids to senior citizens plays games nowdays.
    I am not anti-games; but I do not play any games either, and I hate getting game requests form friends on Facebook. Mostly, I block the games as the requests forst come in, and sometimes I simply "unfollow" the person if i keep getting the game requests.
    I totally fail to see what interests people in playing online games. I would rather be reading online, or doing something that is more productive; but apparently, it is relaxing to those who enjoy games.
    Who here plays online games, which ones do you play and what is it you like about doing it ?

2. Peter Remington

Peter Remington Active Member
    Registered

I like to play the 'classic' games online--especially word games--because I don't need anyone to play with. Bookworm, Scrabble and Beworded are my favorites. I find that these keep my mind sharp and my vocabulary and spelling skills fresh. I also like Chess, Backgammon and any trivia question games. While I wouldn't be caught dead killing a zombie or crushing candy, I do think the electronic gaming choices these days include a little something for everybody.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Bobby enjoys games online, too, Peter, and I would imagine that you and he probably play many of the same kinds of games. I think that he does play some games where there is competition, and he like the hidden objects kind of games, too.
    I know there are a lot of games available for the iPad; and there might even be some that I would enjoy; I just have never looked to see if there were any that I was interested in learning.
    When I have spare time, I like to read, and if I am not doing that, then I am either knitting or crocheting the little throw rugs.

4. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

A few years ago, I had several seizures all within five days. Two were grand maul seizures. They were so severe that I lost my memory. It was a good two years before I had recovered the majority of my memory. And, I still have periods when someone will say something concerning me, and I will have no recognition of the events.

That was when I first started playing online games. I started with card and word games, and after my thought processing became more organised I advanced to hidden objects. I play at least 30 minutes a day. My favorite current hidden objects game is Awakening, and I've been playing it for the last year. It is the first game I have found that has continuous levels, so I am never bored.

5. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Well-Known Member
    Registered

I have never really been able to get into playing games on the computer. I see others playing games but it has not interested me.

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

Never, but I rarely even play games on my computer. Mahjong once in a while but that's about it.

7. Teresita Campaner

Teresita Campaner Active Member
    Registered

I don't really have enough interest to learn the nuances of playing games online. I marvel how easy others play the games at Facebook, my two grandchildren are more adept on that department.