Who Is The Real Racist?

Discussion in 'Education & Learning' started by Martin Alonzo, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I live in a countryside where my children and I are the only white people for a mile and then there is a American couple and then you have t go another four miles to find a white. There is brown dark brown, black, and really black people living hear terms that would be call racist get thrown around and no one seems to care I get called a gringo which means I am white but they mean no disrespect in doing that. They claim it was a term started when the U.S. occupation force was here and they were wearing green camouflage and the locals would say green go shortened to gringo.

The only way you can have racist, is to have someone take offence of what is being said. Like all these politico snowflakes we have now. We have a society which has been trained to take everything personally and feel offended. Being offended is your view of the world and not reality.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh I disagree, it 'is' reality but probably depends where you live in parts of America
    Certainly have it here although I think the blacks are down in the list now

3. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

If someone get offended by words really it is their problem as words have no power only the translation of the words in their mind has. So the idea of saying something and offends another person is ridicules. Like the word ni**er spoken by a black person to another has no reaction but a white person saying the same thing he is racist. So the whole thing about what a person says makes him racist is nonsense now if he does other things there is laws in force to deal with that. In the 60s we exploring the whole feeling culture and get it touch with your feeling and that worked into the politico correctness that we have today. It you let what another person say to you effect you than you have the problem. For example one person can have a peanut allergy which most people don’t so we need to get rid of peanuts because it effects people. That is just crazy but that is what they are saying. Use your best racist language against a Chinese who does not speak the language and it will have no effect proof it is not the words.

4. Patsy Faye

Registered

Well its 'how' you say words isn't it and how often the person hears them
    Not just words though is it, they put up with intimidation and violence as well
    The problem that has emerged is that it has become a vicious circle, where a foreigner may presume
    he is not liked or accepted and so has a defence mode to begin with
    I am thankful I'm not judged by the colour of my skin

5. Racism is one of those topics that makes me mad enough to spit nails, but while my viewpoints cover a variety of issues I'll stick to this one: I'm beyond fed-up with individuals who use race/racism as nothing but an excuse for their own personal choices, and also as an excuse to expect special benefits or entitlements.

Example of the first: individuals who insist on living in their own little 'communities,' not interacting with others unless it's with hostility, encouraging their kids to wreck their lives and futures with drugs, crime, having babies they don't want, quitting school, etc., and then throwing fits that 'everybody' from the government to society to other groups are holding them down and keeping them down. And it doesn't matter which race/group someone is in, it's become quite popular to blame others for their 'choices.'

Second: Affirmative Action (as I heard of it) had it's place- it does not have a place now. Nobody should expect special treatment simply because of their group.
    Connected to this, I do not agree with the idea of 'reparations.' I'm certainly not saying 'the past is over, forget it,' what I am saying is present-day generations should not expect compensation for the way their ancestors suffered.

6. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Well said and I agree completely

Janice Martin likes this.
  7. Patsy Faye

Registered

There is a valid point in your post Janice, although wasn't always so and I hope things have improved for the blacks
    As for other cultures, yes there is a problem where they don't 'want' to integrate. These are such diverse cultures too with strong beliefs
    alien to our own. This situation cannot possibly work as there is no leeway with these people, its 'their' way and we should shut up
    and accept.