Who Else Enjoys A Nice Cup of Tea?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Diane Lane, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Veteran Member
    Registered

2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Veteran Member
    Registered

Now, Earl Grey is something to sing about!;)

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Val White

Val White Active Member
    Registered

The gentle art form of the Japanese tea ceremony so far removed from our switching the kettle on and pouring over a tea bag.

Diane Lane likes this.
  4. Joyce Mcgregor

Joyce Mcgregor Well-Known Member
    Registered

I do enjoy my hot cup of coffee every morning, but I also like to sit down with a big mug of hot tea during the day. My favorite is Constant Comment by Bigelow. It is a sort of spice tea and is so good. I also like to make hot tea from the mint growing in my garden. When I lived in Ethiopia many years ago, I enjoyed many a cup of Ethipian tea. It was a necessity to sit down with whoever you were doing business with and have a small cup of hot tea. If you did not drink it, you may as well forget getting anything done such as getting your water or electricity turned on!! I live in the South and also enjoy the "Southern House Wine"... or sweet iced tea. I drink mine with Stevia or Spenda in because I am diabetic, but a nice, tall, cold glass of sweet tea on a hot summer day is so enjoyable.

5. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I used to drink a glass or two of ice tea on a hot summer day. I mostly used Lipton's tea. Then Lipton came out with tea especially for iced tea using cold water. It got so I couldn't make a decent glass or pitcher of iced tea. It was about then I decided to try another cup of tea. Now I very rarely drink iced tea. Yet, I'm still a coffee hound also.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  6. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I saw a commercial the other day for Luzianne pour and stir, I think it was called, a new product they have for quickly making iced tea. I don't care for the dried crystal iced tea, and when I do make it iced, I usually make via tea bags or loose tea, but I might try their new item.

7. Joyce Mcgregor

Registered

I do enjoy a mug of hot tea on occasion. I love English Breakfast tea and Constant Comment. I found a new flavor of Bigalow tea called Watermelon Lime that I will be trying out soon. I have several kinds of mint plus Lemon Balm in my garden and it is coming up now so will soon be drinking hot AND iced tea made from the fresh leaves. I am in the South so the "Southern House Wine" also known as sweet tea will be consumed by the gallon this summer. Mine is sweetened with Splenda or Steva with a sprig of fresh, bruised mint from my garden and plenty of ice.

8. Bill Boggs

Registered

My daughter and grandson drove up last Saturday. Before one meal he asked me to fix us a pot of tea. He asked if I had any have assam tea. I told him I might have enough for a pot.Before he left he ordered on line a three pack of tea from Andrew & Dunham, full leaf tea. I told him I had a couple of tins of other black teas. He said this is where I get mine, I think you'll like it. I'm sure I will but it's too rich for me. Right now, after having dinner, I'm sipping the last cup from that picture of tea I made. It was hot but has gotten cold but still has a good flavor. ,So here c in about a week I'll be loaded with tea leaves.

PS. The reason for my grandson's generosity with the tea purchase is it's was my birthday.

Diane Lane likes this.
  9. Sarah Price

Sarah Price Member
    Registered

I LOVE tea! I probably drink two quarts a day. I actually prefer brewed tea rather than hot tea, so I brew the tea, allow it to cool for a bit, then put it into a two quart container. I use loose tea sometimes and I'll use a french press for that. When I used to work full-time, it seems like my entire Sunday afternoon was spent making up enough tea to last me all week long.

Diane Lane likes this.
  10. John Donovan

John Donovan Active Member
    Registered

I do! I never was too big on coffee, so tea was always my favorite drink in the evening if I just wanted to relax while reading a book or watching rain fall peacefully outside. Ever since I was young, I was a major tea drinker.

11. Diane Lane

Registered

Happy Belated Birthday! I'm glad you were able to spend it with loved ones, and that your grandson cares enough to give a gift that will conjure up memories of times spent together, while you use it.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  12. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Veteran Member
    Registered

Happy Birthday Bill! Here's "Tea for Three"!

Diane Lane and Bill Boggs like this.
  13. Bill Boggs

Registered

Thank you, Ms Lane, thank you, Joe.

Diane Lane likes this.
  14. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Well-Known Member
    Registered

I'm also a coffee drinker enthusiast, but for long time liked to have a cup of black tea in the evening, kind of the five o'clock English tea, but at twilight.

I stopped doing my tea ceremonial when I was unable to replenish my provision of Orange Pekoe Black tea favorite British brand from the local store.

I could actually buy it from an online store, but I have lost the enthusiasm for drinking tea but occasionally, any type.

15. Allie Seay

Allie Seay Active Member
    Registered

I'm wanting to get some chamomile growing somewhere in my yard but haven't actually found any plants for sale around here. Might have to start from seeds. I haven't checked for those. At any rate, I imagine it's too late now to get any started this year. On the other hand, my all time favorite tea (now Ken's as well) is peppermint and I have plenty of that growing in several spots around my yard.

I thinned some of it yesterday and hung it up to dry. I expect I'll get several more thinnings throughout the season.

Diane Lane and Yvonne Smith like this.
  16. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I found some mint growing where an old house had been torn down, and transplanted some of it last year. It is starting to spread a little bit. I have picked a few tops to use for ice tea and lemonade; but I am otherwise just leaving it alone and letting it spread.
    Since we just found it growing at the old house, I have no idea which variety of mint it actually is.

Diane Lane likes this.
  17. Allie Seay

Allie Seay Active Member
    Registered

Mint of all varieties seems to be fast growing. I'd bet you'll have quite a bit of it to use both fresh and to dry before the summer is over. It tends to need thinning or trimming several times a season. And by next year you should really have a lot of it.

18. Joyce Mcgregor

Registered

I, too, usually have coffee when I get up in the morning and have my breakfast. Then, later on in the day, I do enjoy tea. In the winter I drink it hot, but here in the deep South, in the summertime, I want it iced,,, with lots of ice so it is really cold. I like Contstant Comment tea by Bigalow either hot or iced. I also grow several kinds of mint and lemon balm in my flower bed. I like to make either hot or iced tea with that. Most of the time when I drink iced tea, I make it with black tea. I do not care for my tea, or my coffee, to be very strong.

19. Diane Lane

Registered

I ran out of black tea a while ago, and had a large supply of green and oolong on hand, so have done without the black, but I finally broke down and bought some yesterday. It's good to have my old friend in the house for whenever I want a cup. My jasmine plant is starting to flower again, so hopefully I'll be able to collect more blooms to infuse another batch of jasmine tea soon.

20. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

I like having a little bit of mint in my tea but don't know if I'd like full-strength mint tea.

21. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

I like mint tea made with mint that I just picked from my plant. I also like ginger tea. I just recently tried that and it's really good. But, as a true blue southerner, I have to say sweet iced tea is my favorite.

22. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Veteran Member
    Registered

I am not a hot tea drinker. The only iced tea I like is Snapple's (peach or lemon). I drink coffee with cream in the mornings.

23. Allie Seay

Allie Seay Active Member
    Registered

Before today I have never sweetened my mint tea. It has a sweetness of it's own really, but my husband was looking for something with sugar in it to get his energy level up and I made lemonade using my usual homemade lemonade recipe but with mint tea instead of plain water. I wasn't sure how it was going to taste, but I've got to say it is outstanding. I will definitely be doing it again.

24. Helene Lawson

Helene Lawson Active Member
    Registered

I love having a cup of tea, either in the morning, or in the evening or even during the day.
    I have a lot of different teas to drink and I just love drinking tea and every time of the day and night.
    It calms me down and lets me to "clean my thoughts".

25. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Veteran Member
    Registered