Which Do You Prefer Tea Or Coffee?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Helene Lawson, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

My preference is coffee, the stronger the better. I have an occasional cup of hot tea, usually if I'm sick or have a cold. I like hot tea with honey and lemon when I have a stuffy nose.

I bought some turbinato sugar to use in a banana bread recipe and I might try some of that in a cup of tea. It's a brown-colored "raw" sugar that has the slight taste of molasses. Oddly, I can't stand any sweetener in coffee.

2. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

It’s coffee for us. For myself, I’ve been drinking it since childhood. My wife started shortly after we moved in together. We buy organic from this local brewer; I like their large offering of light roasts. They have their own partner growers and, though local, ship nationally. Costco carries some of their coffees. They have free shipping if you buy a large enough amount.

https://mayorgacoffee.com/pages/origins

Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
  3. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I used to prefer coffee (instant) with creamer. Chain drinker for decades. Tea was too much trouble, and too many calories, because I like it really sweet.

Now I prefer tea (with sweetener). A Mr. Coffee pot keeps water (almost) hot enough all the time for tea, bags make it even easier than coffee. I learned the right combination of sweeteners that taste just like sugar. Now I'm a chain tea drinker.

Tea leaves a cleaner feel in your mouth, and you can't smell it on your breath, like coffee, unless you take it with milk. :p

4. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Definitely, coffee. I like a good cup of plain black coffee. No sugar or cream. I too, like hot tea. I like it with honey and lemon as well.