Which Do You Prefer Tea Or Coffee?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Helene Lawson, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Jennifer Graves

Jennifer Graves Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm not surprised. Coffee is the most important part of my day. And I don't believe I'm alone in that. I have spent 40 years developing my exact coffee preference. When you devote that many years towards something, you don't mind talking about it, lol.

My favorite in Folgers, dark, as strong as humanly possible, 3 teaspoons of sugar, and just enough milk or chocolate milk to cool it down and give it a more mellow taste. I can't stand flavored coffee or creamer. But if I have to choose between flavored creamer or no creamer, I will used the flavored stuff.

2. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I drink my morning coffee black. My wife sweetens hers with stevia and flavors it with a spoonful Irish whiskey. If I have coffee in the evening I will often use the Irish whiskey too.

3. Jennifer Graves

Registered

I love irish coffee! But I can't drink it in the morning. Even that little bit will give a huge headache if I don't keep drinkng.

4. John Falcon

John Falcon Veteran Member
    Registered

I have ONE mug of coffee (with sugar and milk) in the morning, and that's it.

Only tea I like is iced. Never liked hot tea.

I usually drink water.

5. Dave Sun

Dave Sun Veteran Member
    Registered

:)59 years ago, I meet my wife, in a diner, for a cup of coffee. This is the real reason I prefer coffee. 59 years of one level sugar, a little half and half, and a big kiss to start the day

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Jennifer Graves

Registered

That is so sweet! It really is! The only time my husband would ever say anything that sweet is if I wrote him a script and bribed him to read it out loud.

7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Coffee for me! Like it with cream, but can drink it black if I have to. I have been finding the best coffee in town, right here at "Hi-GoodBye Coffee", conveniently located in the "Happy Talk" section!;)
    1382046086.png

Janine Coral likes this.
  8. Jennifer Graves

Registered

I can't drink it back. If I'm out of cream or sugar, I can double up on the one I do have, and force it down. if I'm out of both I'm just miserable!

Janine Coral likes this.
  9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:I like both tea and coffee. In the morning it's definitely coffee and I make green tea ready for us to sip on all day. I like green tea because it's full of vitamin C and is a great anti bacteria anti oxidant drink. I add a special herb made from dried broadleaf plantain to our green tea. This dried broadleaf plantain helps the kidney to remain healthy. I drink maybe a couple cups of coffee in the evening. We love green tea, but will drink hibiscus, black, oolong, hoji and mango and guava teas too for variety or when we need it.

Janine Coral likes this.
  10. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I drink both coffee and tea. Coffee in the morning and sometime have a second or third cup if the weather is cool, then tea the rest of the day. I drink black mostly. I like a good Assam and I buy Russian Caravan, it's a flavored black. I did have a cup of gunpowder green this afternoon. I think I've had three cups of tea this afternoon. I've been in the garage ironing and no air conditioning out there. We no longer have an ironing board so I throw a covering over the freezer and use that to iron. It just took longer today.

Janine Coral likes this.
  11. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

Has anyone ever attended a coffee ceremony? I went to a couple in Ethiopia and it was an interesting experience.

It's a long process, but for somebody viewing it for the first time, it makes for intriguing watching. The woman (it is always a woman) performing it spreads grasses across the floor and burns incense. The clay coffee pot is heated on coals and the hot water is used to clean the raw beans. She then roasts the beans and grinds them using a kind of pestle and mortar device. Once the coffee is ready, the first round is dished out and a guest makes a little speech praising the hostess's skills at coffee-making (as a guest, I had to offer a few words). There are three rounds of coffee.

The whole thing can go on for about three hours, but it was a fascinating sight of something I'd only ever read and heard about.

Janine Coral likes this.
  12. Jennifer Graves

Registered

I used to drink coffee in the morning and then sweet tea the rest of the day. Now that I'm back to work, its usually a cold coffee drink before work and during. I don't drink tea until I am having dinner. And hot coffee is left for a treat on the weekends.

13. Joyce Mcgregor

Joyce Mcgregor Veteran Member
    Registered

I usually drink coffee when I get up in the morning and then switch over to tea from lunch time on. I have really enjoyed the flavored coffees that Yvonne has shared with me. I drink hot tea in the Winter, but being in the South I prefer the "Southern House Wine ( sweet ice tea, but mine has Splenda due to diabetes)" in the Summer. I love iced mint tea and Constant Comment by Bigalow. I also like English Breakfast tea either hot or cold. And of course, regular black tea iced.

Janine Coral likes this.
  14. Joyce Mcgregor

Joyce Mcgregor Veteran Member
    Registered

I was lucky enough to live in Addis Ababa, the capital of Ethiopia, for 2 yrs when my husband at the time was stationed there through a MAAG assignment for the Army. In fact, I have a daughter who was born while we were there at Kagnew Station in the Northern part of Ethiopia. I was privalaged to attend a coffee ceremony while I was there. It really is a fascinating process and I really enjoyed watching the beans roasted and the coffee prepared. In Ethiopia, part of doing almost any business requires the drinking of either coffee or tea. To refuse the beverage is a very big insult,,, and if you do not drink you are most likely not going to get the business you need doing done.

Janine Coral likes this.
  15. Janine Coral

Janine Coral Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I prefer both coffee and tea, but always decaf. Daily I drink one small cup hot coffee
    and also one cup hot tea (also decaf) I prefer and love a snack, muffin with my
    coffee, same with my teas, and I enjoy reading or working on something while I
    devour my sips...

Beth Gallagher and Yvonne Smith like this.